GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2022 Formula 1 Season

bentin

Autocross Champion
Yeah, I suspect Miami won't last, it's an awful design. COTA has to deal with our idiot of a governor, so I suspect it will get bounced to be an every other year sort of track soon. Hopefully Vegas will be able to hold down full time duty.

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
Miami is just an American Sochi at this point. Plus $2k per ticket, no thanks. The Vegas track does look like we may get some decent racing there.

bentin

Autocross Champion
I still want to see how they make their "yacht" area work, as it stands there's no entry/egress.

3rdOne

Go Kart Champion
I would LOVE to have F1 back in at Watkins. But for now I have to settle to race it myself in my sim.

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
And, Race week. Looking forward to the changes to Albert Park... although after looking at Formula1.com, it seems like there are 4 DRS zones.

F1: We want to gradually move away from DRS
Also F1: Here, have 4 DRS zones on a single track.

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
Greg Maffei, Liberty Media CEO, is on CNBC with Jim Kramer right now. Biggest takeaway (for me) is that they're shopping their TV rights for 2023 in the US. The days of commercial-free race broadcasts on ESPN are probably over after 2022. That's one of many reasons I stopped watching NASCAR several years ago. Half of a four hour broadcast is commercials. It's absolutely brutal to try to watch NASCAR live.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Or anything IMSA.
I was happy to see that coverage of 24 hrs of Daytona and 12 hrs of Sebring were broadcast with ZERO commercials on Peacock app.
I don't have cable, so I have always had issues with watching F1 on ESPN. I can't get logged in from my TV, and have to stream from my phone to TV.

torga

Autocross Champion
I still can't believe F1TV has come this far without developing a proper Apple TV or Android TV app. Blows my mind. I still have to kick the stream over from my PC to my TV with my Chromecast.

bentin

Autocross Champion
I still can't believe F1TV has come this far without developing a proper Apple TV or Android TV app. Blows my mind. I still have to kick the stream over from my PC to my TV with my Chromecast.
Yeah, primary reason I haven't paid for it. I guess I should check and see if either of my tv's supports it, I have an LG and a Vizio that have smart apps that I ignore and just use an Apple TV.

torga

Autocross Champion
Yeah, primary reason I haven't paid for it. I guess I should check and see if either of my tv's supports it, I have an LG and a Vizio that have smart apps that I ignore and just use an Apple TV.

The smart apps loaded onto TVs just never have all the apps I need to use. Been using an Apple TV for 3 years now, it's been great. Was using an Android TV box for about the same amount of time before the Apple box.

Dents27

Go Kart Champion
Interesting that Audi is going after McLaren, I wonder if they are going to get the automotive group as well under the VAG umbrella.

torga

Autocross Champion
From what I read, that's a possibility in the future, but that's not what the current talks are about -- they're dealing purely for the F1 division at the moment.