GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

3 Mustangs

KOA789

Go Kart Champion
A buddy of mine and I met up with his long time friend tonight who owns a 1967 GT500E built by what used to be Unique Performance before they went belly up with the whole title washing fiasco.

Mods on my GT are RTR wheels, RTR body kit, Eibach ProSystem, BMR Panhard bar, Ford Racing tune, 3" x-pipe, 3" mid pipes, GT500 mufflers, Saleen grille. It's a solid mid 12 second car.

The black GT has 60lb. injectors, Boss 302 Intake manifold, Eibach Sportlines, Boss front end, Roush grille, AED E85 tune, BMR LCA relocation brackets, BMR 3rd link mount and some other suspension pieces. It's done high 11s.

The 67 speaks for itself, and it's got the 427 bored out to a 482 with the blower. Makes 800+hp and is loud and mean as hell, it's got 1600 miles on it and has never seen the drag strip, but it's pretty brutal.

Enjoy the pics, and sorry for the quality, they were taken with an old Canon point and shoot.

dohc324ci

Ready to race!
Nice!

Callsign_Jester

traction is for pussies
Damn, the 5.0's are gorgeous as expected but seriously that '67 is one of the sexiest cars there is. Oh and 800hp probably doesn't hurt.

Oh and I meant to ask you, how are you liking the Eibach ProSystem? Ride height looks perfect, does the ride/handling match?

KOA789

Go Kart Champion
Damn, the 5.0's are gorgeous as expected but seriously that '67 is one of the sexiest cars there is. Oh and 800hp probably doesn't hurt.

Oh and I meant to ask you, how are you liking the Eibach ProSystem? Ride height looks perfect, does the ride/handling match?

I went from a base suspension, which is the same as the 2010 track pack, and 18 inch wheels with 235/50 tires, to the ProSystem and 19" wheels with a 275/40 tire. The ride, to me, stayed almost the same. Much less bounce, and a hell of a lot less body roll. I have a feeling the stock set up might have been underdampened and under sprung. The Eibach set up is perfect. I was gonna do coil overs, but for a street car, I felt like it would be an overkill, aside from having an amazing stance lol

Callsign_Jester

traction is for pussies
I went from a base suspension, which is the same as the 2010 track pack, and 18 inch wheels with 235/50 tires, to the ProSystem and 19" wheels with a 275/40 tire. The ride, to me, stayed almost the same. Much less bounce, and a hell of a lot less body roll. I have a feeling the stock set up might have been underdampened and under sprung. The Eibach set up is perfect. I was gonna do coil overs, but for a street car, I felt like it would be an overkill, aside from having an amazing stance lol

Just what I wanted to hear... most excellent.

KOA789

Go Kart Champion
Is that the "Eleanor" body kit?

There was only 1 Elenor built by Shelby in 1967. This is a continuation that was done by Unique Performance under Shelby's license and added to the registry. They were supposed to build 25, but they only built 17. It's not so much of a body kit as a full on body. Car is amazing. Last one just sold at Barrett Jackson in Vegas for $330,000

Just what I wanted to hear... most excellent.

I drive 50 miles round trip to work over some shit ass roads and rail roads, not to mention I take this car on all kinds of road trips, so if the suspension set up was too harsh, I would have gone back to stock.

BlaineWasHere

I brake for apexes!
There was only 1 Elenor built by Shelby in 1967. This is a continuation that was done by Unique Performance under Shelby's license and added to the registry. They were supposed to build 25, but they only built 17. It's not so much of a body kit as a full on body. Car is amazing. Last one just sold at Barrett Jackson in Vegas for $330,000

I'm asking if this car had the body added later? If so it's lame.

I see them all the time around here with an added kit that looks just like that.

dohc324ci

Ready to race!
That 67 even if not an original looks badass! Looks done right. Its called "restomod" and I much prefer those types of builds than the original matching numbers restoration. Who wants a 60s tech when you can have 60s look with a sprinkle of modern amenities (suspension and interior) that you can drive anywhere and enjoy.

KOA789

Go Kart Champion
I'm asking if this car had the body added later? If so it's lame.

I see them all the time around here with an added kit that looks just like that.

Yeah, all the GT500Es were built after 2003. There was only 1 Shelby GT500 Elenore ever built, and it was built in 1967. These were all built under Shelby's license and added to the registry, that's where the big money comes from. Not to mention that the 822hp engine, a 427 all aluminum big block bored to a 482 and supercharged, by itself is over $50k. You probably see a lot of Fastbacks with the body kit added to it, but it will not have the level of detail, or the sum of parts this thing has.

Colleton

Ready to race!
Very nice, love the GT500E!

I had a 2011 GT500, but sold it earlier this year before buying a 2013:

2013 GT500 Black w/Black stripes, STVPP, Electronics Pack and Recaro Seats

5.8L aluminum block, 2.3L Eaton TVS Supercharger, 662HP, 631lb-ft torque, 202MPH top end (good luck with that). It is loud, fast and just plain nasty.

SVTPP: Bilstein cockpit adj. dampers, Torsen differential, etc...
EP: Navigation and dual zone climate controls

Crappy pics for the most part, sorry.