GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

so do you own a G35 a GTI or a 328I?

bkmk5

Ready to race!
You shoulda test drove the 335i and you would quickly change your mind. :)

TarmacSpecial

Terror On Two Wheels
You shoulda test drove the 335i and you would quickly change your mind. :)

Right now, it would take an M3 at a 335i price to change my mind.

I LOVE BMW (I've owned two), but man they are bit too expensive. The dollar sucking ass doesn't help.

Raddicted

Perfectly insane
135i would be my choice right now in that price range.

Lucidity

Marx

Lucidity

Marx
you going to say a 50/50 weight distribution RWD car that is the benchmark of its class is not better than a 3000+ lb FWD hatch?

we drive VW's... doesnt mean we have to be delousional.

Preference is personal. The GTI is an all around car that is practical and quick. It has a small foot print, it gets good gas mileage, has tons of cargo room with the seats down, is relatively cheap considering the features, so yes the GTI is a better car FOR ME. And please be so kind as to indicate where it indicates by which "better" was defined in the OP...

gilboman

Ready to race!
Preference is personal. The GTI is an all around car that is practical and quick. It has a small foot print, it gets good gas mileage, has tons of cargo room with the seats down, is relatively cheap considering the features, so yes the GTI is a better car FOR ME. And please be so kind as to indicate where it indicates by which "better" was defined in the OP...

yup...preference is personal. i'm just saying its unfortunante that someone has to skip on the benchmark of RWD sportsedans for an econohatch.

i'd say the samething if somebody has to get a hyundai tiburon instead of a GTI for whatever reason.