GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

500WHP: TPC38, E85 vs Vortex XL, E85 *Rematch*

Jewels_mk7

Drag Racing Champion
Hi everyone! We are back with another video with our hybrid turbo GTI. The setup is a vortex XL car, MPI, your basic bolt ons, 6 speed, tuned on e85 by EQT.

Some GTI on GTI action today! Other GTI has (TPC38, MPI, e85, DSG, sneekytuned)

Last time we ran this car the owner mentioned the current fuel setup was not ideal and upgrades needed to be made. As you know the TPC and Vortex turbos are similar in the sense that they are both hybrid versions of the oem turbos but with more capability. I always thought it would be interesting to see the difference between the two (with similar setups). When the owner of the TPC upgraded his fueling and made a few other changes we wanted to give it another go to compare.

Here are the new runs (Rematch):

Jewels_mk7

Drag Racing Champion
Imagine putting all that effort into making your car look like a hacked up POS then catch the gap badly by a stock looking gti on some enkeis 🤣
Update on this race, owner claims he has a defective turbo. Before racing that night he said the new revision was night and day power so not sure but posting it on here anyway. New thread getting posted on here in a few min.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
I mean the TPC gti was racing the other cars there too, who knows. Now they want to send a built motor sneekytune car. Guy is basically demanding runs after posting that video.

DSG car with slightly bigger turbo got walked so hard by a 6MT car with a smaller turbo. Either turbo sucks or tuner sucks.. or both.

19birel

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 - MK4 - B8.5
If that was my car Geico would have totaled it 10x over. 😂

Does that owner play bumper cars with his car or something?
My car WAS totaled when I bought it, and it looked significantly better than that thing when it arrived from the salvage auction :LOL:

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
1710960527337.png

😆