GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

$75,000 and a (car) dream...

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I want a Porsche GT3 with a manual transmission. Not the RS version, that's just too much for the street. I'll let the forum pick the color. lol.

bentin

Autocross Champion
I want a Porsche GT3 with a manual transmission. Not the RS version, that's just too much for the street. I'll let the forum pick the color. lol.
Barney, duh.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Barney, duh.

The first car I bought of my choosing was a '95 Toyota Celica that was 'Periwinkle'. Had that Barney look to it...

(not mine, just an example)
1612455480156.png

Was my 3rd car overall, but my first two were results of circumstance. First was an '87 Lebarron that I bought from my step father who was a mechanic for $500. Second car, after that one caught fire while I was at a GWAR concert leaving me stranded in Worcester at midnight, covered in 'blood', was a '91 Lebarron convertible for $1,200. Also from my stepfather. The Celica was the first car I bought that I actually went car shopping for. This was right when the first Fast and the Furiuous was all the rage, so my final 3 choices were an Eagle Talon, a Mitsu 3000GT (non-VR4), and the Toyota Celica. The Talon had some body damage I didn't like, and I wasn't a huge fan of the interior of the 3000GT. So purple Celica it was.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion

Thumper

Autocross Champion
The first car I bought of my choosing was a '95 Toyota Celica that was 'Periwinkle'. Had that Barney look to it...

The difference is a Porsche can pull it off........LOL

There have actually been SEVERAL people that have ordered the new RS6 Avant in Merlin Purple which is a deep metallic.

For some reason wouldn't let me embed the photos from the thread on AZ, even tried the direct link to host photo on staticflicker. Had to attach.

It is awesome on the Avant, but not sure I could actually order and live with it everyday. Same reason I didn't go Viper Green on the TTRS, I really wanted it and thought it would look great but then was just thinking about everyday living with it and just seemed too much.

Attachments

• 50225527536_50791e423e_b.jpg
    50225527536_50791e423e_b.jpg
    267.3 KB · Views: 162
  • 50225527561_53dc11219c_b.jpg
    50225527561_53dc11219c_b.jpg
    267.1 KB · Views: 158

bentin

Autocross Champion
But most people aren't buying a GT3 or an RS6 as an everyday car, so dumb colors make more sense. Boring colors are classy and all, but if I'm speccing my fourth or fifth car, it's going to be a stupid, bright and annoying color.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
But most people aren't buying a GT3 or an RS6 as an everyday car, so dumb colors make more sense. Boring colors are classy and all, but if I'm speccing my fourth or fifth car, it's going to be a stupid, bright and annoying color.

So, yeah. I go out to the garage everyday and look at the TTRS. Twice a day on weekends. It may be almost 3 years old and has only 15k miles on it, but I look at it every single day. lol

bentin

Autocross Champion
So, yeah. I go out to the garage everyday and look at the TTRS. Twice a day on weekends. It may be almost 3 years old and has only 15k miles on it, but I look at it every single day. lol
Don't forget to drive it every now and then too.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
The difference is a Porsche can pull it off........LOL

There have actually been SEVERAL people that have ordered the new RS6 Avant in Merlin Purple which is a deep metallic.

For some reason wouldn't let me embed the photos from the thread on AZ, even tried the direct link to host photo on staticflicker. Had to attach.

It is awesome on the Avant, but not sure I could actually order and live with it everyday. Same reason I didn't go Viper Green on the TTRS, I really wanted it and thought it would look great but then was just thinking about everyday living with it and just seemed too much.
Same reason I didn't get my Rabbit Edition in CFB. I had a green 92 GTI that I got tired of really quickly.

Phur

Autocross Champion
I’ve always really liked those Celicas in that color.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
I’ve always really liked those Celicas in that color.

Yeah, I loved that car. Until I crashed it, couldn't afford to properly repair it (was 18 at the time); just cut out the airbag, put on a poor fitting body kit since it was cheaper than OEM bumper and fenders, and left it unpainted since I didn't have money for paint.

This is an actual photo of my car.

3864260084_large.jpg

I drove it around like that longer than I'd care to admit. Cut me some slack though, that was like 18 years ago.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Yeah, I loved that car. Until I crashed it, couldn't afford to properly repair it (was 18 at the time); just cut out the airbag, put on a poor fitting body kit since it was cheaper than OEM bumper and fenders, and left it unpainted since I didn't have money for paint.

This is an actual photo of my car.

View attachment 202219

I drove it around like that longer than I'd care to admit. Cut me some slack though, that was like 18 years ago.

That's a 10 second car right there!!!!!

This wasn't stipulated in the rules *shrug*

Good point. ;)