GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

991 GT3's Get New Motors....All of Them!

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
They made an average of about $22,000 of profit per car last year, they can afford it.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
9000rpm redline in a boxer engine causes connecting rod failures? Whoddathunkit. :lol:

butchered by autocorrecr

JT641

Banned
a company that cares

True that!! Reputation is everything & how you handle problems when they happen say's a lot about your company!! I'll still buy one.

As far as recalls go though they've never had it as bad as the American Car Companies & Toyota.

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
They made an average of about $22,000 of profit per car last year, they can afford it.

Considering the car and the engine in question, it probably costs them damn near that much to replace each engine.

But it will earn them more repeat business in the long run. :D

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
That was a pretty epic fuck up... Esp in today's day and age and given that the car is 60 years into the development cycle ...

Stadpad

Go Kart Champion
That was a pretty epic fuck up... Esp in today's day and age and given that the car is 60 years into the development cycle ...

and considering how many development hours go into the gt3's. atleast we wont see scorched gt3's all over the news anymore like the 458's and gallardo's which have been popular for burning.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
and considering how many development hours go into the gt3's. atleast we wont see scorched gt3's all over the news anymore like the 458's and gallardo's which have been popular for burning.

But the 458, had some glue issue kind of an easy fix. An engine replacement is absolutely embarrassing and unacceptable

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Maybe they will drop the removed engines in a new model Cayman R that will destroy everything....

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Maybe they will drop the removed engines in a new model Cayman R that will destroy everything....

I see what you did thur

XGC75

Go Kart Champion

There's got to be some sort of re-use plan. Though I think it's a new motor, isn't it?

butchered by autocorrecr