GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

A_Bowers Build Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

A_Bowers

Honestly, I would completely bypass stage 1 and go right for the stage 2 setup. Ultimate racing or the new SPM downpipe are GREAT products. If you can spare an extra 400 bucks, it makes the car just amazing. Stage 1 was just too dang peaks for me.

A_Bowers

Won the fastest lap competition at the APR BBQ...won VWR Springs!

Not my car but exactly the same.

DasAuto1295

Go Kart Champion
I posted this somewhere else but I lost it... What exactly do I need to buy when I put on new springs? You mentioned something about bearings? I heard you should purchase pinch bolts or something like that.

Sorry for the noobish question, but I gotta do some research. :p

littleazn248

Go Kart Champion
Whoa I never noticed it until now but Bowers is a pretty new member and he has over 3k posts lol and I thought I posted to much.

shdwblugti

Go Kart Champion
did you have the reaction of grambles at 1:35?

A_Bowers

So new developments are coming down the line in the next coming weeks. VWR springs are going in tomorrow morning. Along with new hardware just for kicks and giggles.

Also in the next coming weeks there will be a install and review thread of SPM's new motor mounts. This is the full set engine, trans and dogbone mount.

Very much looking forward to this install. Stay tuned for updates and install/review thread.

Also, my magnaflow exhaust has quieted down a significant amount. So much so, it seems my F250 I drive as a daily (company vehicle) drones more on the highway.

Thanks for looking.

A_Bowers

Okay folks...here is the final product of the VWR install. Not a terrible install, but not one Im wanting to repeat for a while.

On to the photos!

This is the VWR springs. Drove around the neighborhood and no clunks or pops or crashes. Soaks up bumps better than the OEM ones did. Love these. Drop is very noticeable. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.