GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Abandoned Parking Lots

staulkor

V-Dubber
Car(s)
VW GTI MkV Fahrenhei
Does anybody know any large paved areas that are open and not patrolled by cops in Maryland? :p

I was wanting to go have some fun on a huge, safe-ish area, but not have to deal with cops. I know places like this exist, but I dont know where to look. :wink:

staulkor

V-Dubber
Car(s)
VW GTI MkV Fahrenhei
hehe, but those cost money! :D

staulkor

V-Dubber
Car(s)
VW GTI MkV Fahrenhei
I really dont wanna search google maps to find them...haha

cohen

Custom User Title
I'd say near the airport but I'm sure there's lots of cops there.

Best bet is near a business campus (zoned industrial)

staulkor

V-Dubber
Car(s)
VW GTI MkV Fahrenhei
That is what I figured. I was thinking of malls, industrial parks, stadiums, etc. Stuff that would be closed on weekends. To google maps!

staulkor

V-Dubber
Car(s)
VW GTI MkV Fahrenhei
It cost alot less than getting a ticket.

If you are on private property, the only thing that can happen is security ask you to leave. On private property, normal street laws don't apply. So for instance, if I were doing donuts in the mall parking lot, the mall security would ask me to leave. If I refused to leave, then I would have a problem...but there are plenty of malls :D

Or I can just ask the owner of a parking lot if I can do stuff in it :tongue:

Amelios

Ready to race!
If you are on private property, the only thing that can happen is security ask you to leave. On private property, normal street laws don't apply. So for instance, if I were doing donuts in the mall parking lot, the mall security would ask me to leave. If I refused to leave, then I would have a problem...but there are plenty of malls :D

Or I can just ask the owner of a parking lot if I can do stuff in it :tongue:

Try testing that out and letting the rest of us know how it goes... :thumbdown:
If you want to drive the car that way in a safe environment, take it to the track :thumbup:

mkVrbt

when i was younger i'd go to this industrial park 15 minutes from my house for some fun. never got caught either and we made more than enough noise.

Whamas

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf R
Hey which track are you guys talking about? I looked around for a track not to far from Rockville, MD...I relly want to try this:thumbup: :thumbup:

peoplekillrobots

Ready to race!
Yeah I am not totally sure of the legality of abandoned parking lots, i assume you would most likely get asked to leave or stop before anyone would give you a ticket...unless you are recklessly endangering people or their property. I am a student at UMBC and there is a satellite lot removed from campus and sort of off the beaten path and no one parks there during the summer...so needless to say I had to be back by there the other day and I couldn't resist pulling in and running a few passes and pushing my launch control (never really have had a chance to use it since i bought the car).