GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

About the temperature-related steering wheel heating adjustment problem

hknakcyr

Hello All,

In the air conditioning settings, there is a setting to automatically start seat or steering wheel heating as Low, Medium or High, depending on the air temperature. I have a problem with the steering wheel heating setting. Even though I choose Low, Medium or High, it always stays Off. There is no problem with the seat heating setting.

The worst part is that even though this setting is off, the steering wheel heating can be turned on automatically when I get in the car.

Video: https://we.tl/t-nkte0amcoy

My multimedia version had been updated from 1766 to 1776. There was also a 90S8 action code updated recently.

Last edited:

hknakcyr

You will need 1896 or later software for heal amnesia
Thanks for your answer. My multimedia is not MIB 3. I have 2 knob multimedia.

1707412480870.png

PanEuropean

Ready to race!
Hello All,

In the air conditioning settings, there is a setting to automatically start seat or steering wheel heating as Low, Medium or High, depending on the air temperature. I have a problem with the steering wheel heating setting. Even though I choose Low, Medium or High, it always stays Off. There is no problem with the seat heating setting.

The worst part is that even though this setting is off, the steering wheel heating can be turned on automatically when I get in the car.
I have noted similar behaviour from my 2024 Golf, which was built in September 2023 and has software version 1939 in a MIB 3 unit. I think that there might be something that we (owners) are not configuring correctly in order to cause the car to remember the steering wheel heating preference and turn it on automatically if the outside air temperature is cold enough.

It's possible that there is a software error somewhere in the system, but I think it might be something we owners are not configuring correctly.

It would be great to hear from other owners who are having success with this feature - what are you doing, and how are you doing it, to cause the steering wheel heating to come on automatically when the vehicle is started after being cold-soaked?

Michael

s3bax

Go Kart Newbie
Hey there.. Could you tell me how hot your steering wheel gets? I remember that last year after like 10min I had to turn it down because it was to hot but now it feels just like room temperature.

hknakcyr

Hey there.. Could you tell me how hot your steering wheel gets? I remember that last year after like 10min I had to turn it down because it was to hot but now it feels just like room temperature.
My friend has a 2023 Cupra Leon. The steering wheel heating gets very hot at the high level. In my Golf, the steering heating performance at high level remains low.

s3bax

Go Kart Newbie
I went to the dealer last week and they compared with an Golf 8 GTE and it was basically identical. They called me today to go again next week to check the temperature with a heat camera. I also notice basically no difference between the first level and the second one.

wumbo120

VWoA released a service bulletin for the steering heat setting issue described in this post. Unlike the original poster, I was not able to correct it by factory resetting and have dealt with the problem since purchasing the car in January 2023. Looking forward to getting the TSB checked when I get my steering wheel replaced next month. It appears to simply be a climatronic module update.

Attachments

• MC-10252028-0001.pdf
    165.2 KB · Views: 31