GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Acadia Celebrates 1 Year With MQB #3, Wonders If It's Time To Upgrade...

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
I drove it for the first time with the new windshield. There's a new creak/tick noise coming from the mirror trim area, I think one of the connectors from my retrofitted auto dimming mirror may be tapping up against the glass when going over bumps and whatnot. Have to get in and figure it out.

Also, browsed S3's on Carvana....
What? Why? You just went Hybrid

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
What? Why? You just went Hybrid

Because I like being dramatic. Because right now I spent $5k on a turbo setup, and am getting $3k of performance out of it. Because through all the frustration of this journey, I can see the beauty in a simple setup where you can just get a nice car, throw a JB4 on it, and be sitting at 350hp/350tq. No further dicking around required.

Realistically, the chances of that happening are pretty slim to none. I would have to find the absolute perfect S3 for me to even seriously consider it. 2017/2018. Prestige trim. Black interior, not tan or magma red. White, that nice bright blue, or I think it comes in Nardo grey. Between 30k - 40k miles. ~$35k or so. Which with the equity I have in my car, and if I parted out all my mods, would cover just under half of that.

In the end though, I don't think I could Riceburner my car lol.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Because I like being dramatic. Because right now I spent $5k on a turbo setup, and am getting $3k of performance out of it. Because through all the frustration of this journey, I can see the beauty in a simple setup where you can just get a nice car, throw a JB4 on it, and be sitting at 350hp/350tq. No further dicking around required.
But you totally know this won't happen - you are going to dick around with whatever car you have. You're just frustrated, like you said, that you're getting $3K out of a $5K setup. Get those L33T T00NERS to do their fucking jobs, it'll come, patience young obi wan.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
But you totally know this won't happen - you are going to dick around with whatever car you have. You're just frustrated, like you said, that you're getting $3K out of a $5K setup. Get those L33T T00NERS to do their fucking jobs, it'll come, patience young obi wan.

Oh I know lol.

Hell, the biggest deterrent would be having to explain to my wife why there's a new car in the driveway lol.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
lmk when ready to sell car

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Why an S3 over an S4? Too big/heavy at that point?

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
Once it’s dialed and your bank account recovers you’re gonna love it. Plus a JB4 S3 would get gapped by a hybrid GTI.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Why an S3 over an S4? Too big/heavy at that point?

I haven't driven an S4, but have driven a buddies B9 A4. While it's super comfortable and has some nice features, it feels like driving a boat. Even though it's not that much bigger than a GTI, it feels humongous.

Once it’s dialed and your bank account recovers you’re gonna love it. Plus a JB4 S3 would get gapped by a hybrid GTI.

Yeah, I know. Like I said, I just like being dramatic :ROFLMAO:

I will say though. While I don't regret it and absolutely like knowing it's there, I 100% don't fully take advantage of this turbo. This thing shines at 80+ mph, something I don't see too too often in my normal driving. But when you're cruising at 80mph, it's certainly nice to be able to drop down to 3rd and still take off.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport

Realistically, the chances of that happening are pretty slim to none. I would have to find the absolute perfect S3 for me to even seriously consider it. 2017/2018. Prestige trim. Black interior, not tan or magma red. White, that nice bright blue, or I think it comes in Nardo grey. Between 30k - 40k miles. ~$35k or so. Which with the equity I have in my car, and if I parted out all my mods, would cover just under half of that.

In the end though, I don't think I could Riceburner my car lol.
Nice use of Riceburner as a verb. (y)

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Nice use of Riceburner as a verb. (y)

-riceburner-
/rīs-ˈbərnər/
verb
1. verb: riceburner; To abruptly discard one's vehicle in favor of another after devoting countless amounts of time, energy, & money into the former.
"Did you hear Acadia riceburnered his GTI just after putting in a hybrid for an S3?"