GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Acadia Celebrates 1 Year With MQB #3, Wonders If It's Time To Upgrade...

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I could pay for my tune twice over if I had a dollar for every time I've heard "SHOULD JUST WENT MPI!!!" Just way more involved than I wanted to get. Like I said, I was reluctant to even do the HPFP. My starting position was "I don't want to mess with fueling" and had to slightly budge on that.

If when everything is said and done, I slap it on a dyno and hit 400/400, I'll be happy and consider my build "done" as far as under the hood goes.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I can. Not that I ever need an excuse to spend money on car stuff, but would give me a reason to give in and finally buy one.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Hmm.... Let's see...

1635878686913.png

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Would also like to point out that you end your runs at 6500. if you really want to take advantage of that turbo I'd suggest shifting at like 7k. Not sure you could on that current Sneaky tune it will probably start breaking up. Up there that's the point of "hmmm feels a lot like an is38" to "hmmm, it keeps going, unlike an is38"

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Would also like to point out that you end your runs at 6500. if you really want to take advantage of that turbo I'd suggest shifting at like 7k. Not sure you could on that current Sneaky tune it will probably start breaking up. Up there that's the point of "hmmm feels a lot like an is38" to "hmmm, it keeps going, unlike an is38"

1635878881423.png

1635878904173.png

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I will need to get an updated DSG tune. I just don't want to ask a question like that right now, because I feel like every email you send in restarts that 7 business day timer :ROFLMAO:

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
So EQT FTW thus far?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
So EQT FTW thus far?

They both feel pretty similar, but right now I'd put EQT slightly ahead.

Here's a direct comparison, Sneeky on top, EQT on bottom. Just showing the basic things. RPM, boost, & knock.

1635879691300.png

All of the Sneeky logs I did, had similar knock in the same place, where there is 0 with the EQT. Also has a bit of a smoother ramp-up, but you can barely notice that while actually driving. Sneeky does hit peak boost a little earlier, but again, not something you overly feel while driving. And keep in mind, this is still just the very first revision for both tunes.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Have purchased a DSG tune update with the stage 3 WOT shift points. So I imagine it should go higher than 6500rpms now (at least, once I get the file).

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Apparently I can't just pay the $75 for a 'Tune Option Change' to move to a Stage 3 DSG tune, I have to pay $175 for an entire new DSG tune....