GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Acc slows when approaching vehicle in the left hand lane on the motorway

Mindthepond

First few days of my Mk8 Etsi have brought up a few things. I common with others I hate the lane assist, the jerk on the wheel is too aggressive I would turn it off for good if I could. I also got the email to say a load of stuff had been switch off and can't find what I should do. I got a update system notification which started but stopped when I drove off and I cannot find out if it has since completed. But worst of all, my ACC slows the car when I approach a vehicle in the left hand lane of the motorway (UK) my mk7 didn't do that is there anyway I can change that.

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
But worst of all, my ACC slows the car when I approach a vehicle in the left hand lane of the motorway (UK) my mk7 didn't do that is there anyway I can change that.

This has been mentioned quite a few times on various forums. The car ‘thinks’ you are attempting to undertake - it seems to get confused over which side of the road we drive on in the UK. Many owners have also had their cars misinterpret mph speed limit signs as kph, so ACC will slow the car down to 43 mph on a motorway when it ‘sees‘ a 70 mph sign because it interprets the sign as 70kph (it can also misinterpret other speed limit signs too). A bit of creative ‘Googling’ and you should find a number of mentions of this - and other software-related affecting the mk8 Golf and other VAG models built on the MQB platform that use the same software.

VW are aware of the issue. I don’t know if they’ve developed a satisfactory software fix for it yet but it might be one of the gremlins that should hopefully be resolved in the much anticipated forthcoming major software update that’s been mentioned on various forums.

Wallop

Go Kart Newbie
I had this for the first time on the M25 the other week out of the blue.
Just after one VW's mysterious OTA updates.
When using travel assist i always change the view in the cluster to the one that shows the traffic around the car then you can see which car it is stopping you from undertaking (the bright one) usually its fine and has been since.
I think you can adjust the harshness of the lane assist in the settings,Mine seemed very harsh this morning so i'm sure i've previously set it softer.(Explained below).
This morning as i set off for work i presume the car had done another update.
The screen was loading as i set off and since i was using Android connect yesterday it went straight to google maps and continued playing a music stream.
Then a messge popped up saying internet unavaillable change privacy settings and one of VWs weird pictograms was where the world symbol usually is.
I ignored it and carried on to work.
It was only as i went to get out the car i noticed that the interior lighting was blue which was odd as i had changed it from blue to yellow a few days ago.
As i got to work i noticed that i too had a VW email sent whilst i was on my way with this cheery message.

"Service were deactivated in your Golf "

And the following list

• Lock & Unlock
  • Area Alert
  • Personalisation
  • Parking Spaces
  • Online Traffic Information
  • Amazon Alexa
  • Driving data
  • Vehicle status
  • Service Scheduling
  • Online Route Calculation
  • Online Anti-Theft Alarm
  • Speed Alert
  • Internet Radio
  • Parking Position
  • Filling stations
  • Online Voice Control
  • Horn & Turn Signals
  • Media streaming
  • Vehicle health report
  • Breakdown Call
  • Online map update
  • Online Destination and Route Import

Horn and turn signals was the most alarming but i'm pretty sure they were working ok.

On my return to the car it was still blue and i got the message that i had to change privacy settings to enable internet functions.
I clicked a couple of bits and then realised that overnight the car had logged me out and logged in as "Guest"
Once i logged back in everything was fine and yellow returned (Blue was feeling a bit bleak on these dark mornings!).

Petercoll

Passed Driver's Ed
First few days of my Mk8 Etsi have brought up a few things. I common with others I hate the lane assist, the jerk on the wheel is too aggressive I would turn it off for good if I could. I also got the email to say a load of stuff had been switch off and can't find what I should do. I got a update system notification which started but stopped when I drove off and I cannot find out if it has since completed. But worst of all, my ACC slows the car when I approach a vehicle in the left hand lane of the motorway (UK) my mk7 didn't do that is there anyway I can change that.
It‘s a fault in the ACC, and mentioned on this forum in a few places.
Complain to VW through their website, and get a reference number. Also book it in with your dealer.

There is a rumour on another forum that a software fix is being rolled out to some VW vehicles. The issue also affects some Seat, Audi and Skoda models.

Pete

Mindthepond

Marvelous forum this, I have a moan about my ACC, go out on to the A1 and low and behold it works fine... now if you could just make the lane assist go away!!! Thanks for the input.