GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ADVICE: Girlfriend Wants to buy a New Car

razr390

Go Kart Champion
So my girlfriend has a 1998 Camry with around 160k miles on it. Her dad said he would buy it off of her, and she is going to be driving more often to go to work and back as she's now project manager for her company's makeup line.

She doesn't care about what car it is as long as it's efficient and reliable, and 4 doors (sedan).

Her credit is excellent and her dad will cosign if necessary or vice versa (so she can get a better monthly payment). She doesn't want to spend more than $250/month.

My friend's dad is service manager at a Hyundai dealership and can get her a better payment on a Hyundai Accent/Elantra, and I can get her a good deal on a Jetta (which she always loved). She's not into performance or mods, etc. so a lease would be perfect in my opinion.

What would some of you with more experience do in her situation? What car would you get? Recommend? Have owned? Etc.

Thank you all so much!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

artur1292

Go Kart Champion
I wouldn't get a Hyundai honestly. My parents got a genesis sedan and the interior is already showing it's bad quality after only 30k miles. Stitching on the seat is kind of coming a part the leather seats already have wrinkles and the end of the A pillar the fabric came loose. Maybe it is because it is a first gen genesis sedan though. Newer cars might be better :iono:.

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion
So my girlfriend has a 1998 Camry with around 160k miles on it. Her dad said he would buy it off of her, and she is going to be driving more often to go to work and back as she's now project manager for her company's makeup line.

She doesn't care about what car it is as long as it's efficient and reliable, and 4 doors (sedan).

Her credit is excellent and her dad will cosign if necessary or vice versa (so she can get a better monthly payment). She doesn't want to spend more than $250/month.

My friend's dad is service manager at a Hyundai dealership and can get her a better payment on a Hyundai Accent/Elantra, and I can get her a good deal on a Jetta (which she always loved). She's not into performance or mods, etc. so a lease would be perfect in my opinion.
What would some of you with more experience do in her situation? What car would you get? Recommend? Have owned? Etc.

Thank you all so much!

get any Honda.

/bread.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
I echo the Honda shit. Accord sport is not a bad car. I have a friend with one. He loves it.

Teddy Redskinz

Ready to race!
Get a new 2014.5 Camry for $5500+ off. The redesigned (but mostly same chassis) model is being released next month so dealerships are unloading the current gen right now. Essentially buying a Camry for the price of a Corolla.

SwiftGTI

Go Kart Champion
Every girl I know seems to love her Corolla. They seem to think it's such a great looking and practical car. Doesn't really make sense and I can't really explain it, but then again don't really need to. Girls just seem to like it. I'd recommend showing one to your gf and seeing what she thinks.

razr390

Go Kart Champion
Thanks for all the feedback guys. We are gonna check out the Toyotas soon and see which one would be best. Thanks! Feel free to keep adding recommendations. I'm happy that NEEK didn't suggest a cobra yet

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
They cost what a Civic would but look better, get better mileage, handle better, etc. just a better car.