GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Affliction Banned 7/19/08 -- MAMMA

335 Trojan

Macro FTW.
I went to this tonight, first "fight" I have ever seen though been to many basketball/baseball, other sports before.

simply a spectacle. half the fun was the crowd gazing...you recognized people every 10 minutes

and the fights were crazy. i was told fedor was the best in the world right now, but didnt buy the hype when I saw him in person.

If you saw the fight (which really started, once they started hittin each other and finished the post-bell dance session around the ring) you know why I was wrong.

Anyone fans?

Raddicted

Perfectly insane
As a long time fan of Fedor and someone that has closely followed his career, he is by far and away the greatest MMA fighter in history. Bar none. He is the most complete fighter in the game right now. He has ridiculous power, especially in his hands. He's very fast, agile and accurate for a big guy. Has unbelievable balance. And his Boxing, Sambo, Judo and Jujitsu are all amazing. Nobody is unbeatable, but he's as close as you are going to get and I don't see anyone being able to live with him. The closest person I could see beating him is a fully fit and prepared Mark Hunt. Only because it's impossible to knock Hunt out and he has amazing kick boxing ability and can knock anyone out himself. But Hunt would have to keep it standing full stop or he's done (as evidenced in their Pride matchup).

The closest most-complete fighter next to Fedor has to be Anderson Silva. That guy is just phenomenal also.

Remus6

ViVa La Fuga!WLF
The closest most-complete fighter next to Fedor has to be Anderson Silva. That guy is just phenomenal also.

Silva is amazing. I saw his fight last night when he moved up to 205, and he looked really sharp despite moving up from 185.

My favorite is BJ Penn, just because I'm from da islands. Penn is pretty sharp too for his division. GSP is another name that can be thrown in the mix as far as domination goes. It's too bad all these guys are in different weight classes because we have no way of telling who's really the best pound per pound.

cbursten

Banned
Fedor and Silva would be an interesting matchup in a grand prix type of tournament (because of the large weight diff). Silva looked very sharp last night, as did Fedor. Fedor did pretty much what I expected him to do, just a lot faster. Tim Silvia is pretty much done at this point I think. Frankie edgar looked phenomenal last night as well - complete domination of a top tier opponent.

Raddicted

Perfectly insane
Fedor and Silva would be an interesting matchup in a grand prix type of tournament (because of the large weight diff).

Now that would be a very interesting fight in an open weight event! I would still have to go for Fedor though because of his much larger size and power. Plus he would be a lot stronger in the clinch or grapple and would dominate on the mat. You could be 30-50 lbs down on your opponent moving up to HW. Vanderlei Silva at his best fought a number of heavyweights in open events in Pride, and he beat a few. But when he went up against the top tier guys - namely Hunt and CroCop - he got battered badly. That extra weight and power eventually took its toll. And Vanderlei is probably the most physical of all the LHW.

Anderson Silva looked great at 205 though. People forget that he walks around at 210-215 normally so making that weight is not to difficult for him. It certainly didn't seem to effect his speed. Not that you had too much time to tell. He has to be the post precise striker I have ever seen. He hardly ever misses and can hit people from every angle. I can certainly see him possibly holding both belts down the road. There are some great match ups to come in that class for sure.

And I agree that both BJ and GSP are up there also as 2 of the best pound for pounders in the world.

Last edited:

MagicChic

GolfMKV Madame
My favorite is BJ Penn, just because I'm from da islands. Penn is pretty sharp too for his division. GSP is another name that can be thrown in the mix as far as domination goes. It's too bad all these guys are in different weight classes because we have no way of telling who's really the best pound per pound.

GSP all the way baby. He's a well-rounded fighter. He's trained with the Gracies, so I automatically have to love him. He's also a humble person. Also doesn't hurt that he's good looking. ;) :fighting0030: