GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Age of MKV GTI Owners?

VrstewartW

What is a Ronaldo?
19 :headbang:

Has anyone else noticed that here in the UK the owners are [cough] on the wrong side of 30 [cough] and over the pond you all seem to be alot younger:iono:

Just an observation, prove me wrong but I guess with our very high insurance costs and expensive list price its not so popular with the under 30's:wink:

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
Dirty Pucka said:
Has anyone else noticed that here in the UK the owners are [cough] on the wrong side of 30 [cough] and over the pond you all seem to be alot younger:iono:

Just an observation, prove me wrong but I guess with our very high insurance costs and expensive list price its not so popular with the under 30's:wink:

curious pucka...how high is high? coz i live in new jersey, and we pay some of the highest rates in the states, what do you pay a year and is it liability or collision coverage as well?

smp85 said:
curious pucka...how high is high? coz i live in new jersey, and we pay some of the highest rates in the states, what do you pay a year and is it liability or collision coverage as well?

Well I'm probably not the best to answer this question as mine is a company car so I don't have to pay any insurance etc but when I was 22 years old I had a Vauxhall Calibra 4 x 4 2.0L Turbo and I was quoted £4,250 per year for the insurance!!! (I think thats about $7,500)

Hope this gives you some idea:wink:

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
Dirty Pucka said:
Well I'm probably not the best to answer this question as mine is a company car so I don't have to pay any insurance etc but when I was 22 years old I had a Vauxhall Calibra 4 x 4 2.0L Turbo and I was quoted £4,250 per year for the insurance!!! (I think thats about $7,500)

Hope this gives you some idea:wink:

wow:eek:
i have a friend that pays $4000/yr for a corrado under his parent's policy, i thought he had it bad...

I did shop around and get a better deal but you get the idea! Also the list price of the GTI is quite high over here

GTI 2.0T 200PS 3dr F £20,360
GTI 2.0T 200PS 5dr F £20,860
GTI 2.0T 200PS DSG 3dr F £21,690
GTI 2.0T 200PS DSG 5dr F £22,190

so for example I think that makes the GTI 3dr Manual approximately $36,500:eek:

Great isn't it:frown:

mk1-fan

Drag Race Newbie
Dirty Pucka said:
I did shop around and get a better deal but you get the idea! Also the list price of the GTI is quite high over here

GTI 2.0T 200PS 3dr F £20,360
GTI 2.0T 200PS 5dr F £20,860
GTI 2.0T 200PS DSG 3dr F £21,690
GTI 2.0T 200PS DSG 5dr F £22,190

so for example I think that makes the GTI 3dr Manual approximately $36,500:eek:

Great isn't it:frown:
That's about the same we pay for a GTI in South Africa. I paid R257000 for mine with all options except for satnav and phone. That is about $42000. My insurance is cheap though, I pay about $1200 a year.

seung

Oval Newbie
wow, kinda surprised.
i thought the average age for this car would be
something like 20.

26 here, btw.

GTi Crow

Passed Driver's Ed
54 nudging 55 - thought I was going to be the oldest until I saw someone was already 55.

Age does not matter, what does is that we all drive a fantastic car.