GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Alpine IVA-W200Ri

-vic-

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi guys, this is my first post and I just want to say that this site it's great!..

Here are the photos of my brand new IVA-W200

And this is my car, the spanish landscape as a background...

LivEToDrivE

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
Same one i just put in, the dvd play back is amazing, did you do the bypass? and how much did you fork out for yours?

-vic-

Passed Driver's Ed
hi guys, thanks for the welcome..

Alpine says that they have an adapter available for the steering wheel buttons.. I haven't seen it though...

The headunit cost me 840 euros, tax included, 10 more bucks for the delivery..

Since I installed it, I didn't know what to do with the parking brake cable, and I left it hanging loose.. I've just discovered that connecting it to ground might work, but I'm feel lazy to dismantle everything again.. I will install an amp and a sub, and ask the installer to ground it, and let's see what happens..

I hope that the european version doesn't have the same security as the US version.. I couldn't find anything in the manuals...

well guys, nice to meet ya..

LivEToDrivE

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
You have to install a switch against the parking brake cable wire to get it to do dvd play back while the car is in drive. I got mine for about $650 US

-vic-

Passed Driver's Ed
I bought it on the internet, hiperelectro.com .. I also bought there the FACRA ISO adapter for VW GOLF, the bezel, (A normal 1-DIN, and then just cut the middle plastic piece to fit the 2-din frame).. and the antenna adapter...

it was a piece of cake doing it, just disconnect the stinky RCD-300 and connecting this one...

here in europe the equipment for the car is way too expensive... they were offering me this headunit for about 1,200 euros!

Rabbit222

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Audi S3
Hi Vic, can you take more pics of the radio? Does the Alpine illumination match up with the existing illumination inside the car?