GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

any Costco employees?

skacoreimplore

they see me trollinnn
I have an interview at Costco tomorrow. Is there anyone on here that works/has worked for them before? What kind of questions will they ask during the interview? Any insight on working there would be great.:wub:

VDubVirus

Euro-Elitist Moderator
worked there for 4 months (Sept/06 - Dec 06) before I went to Iraq as a contractor. GREAT company, just takes a long time to get promoted.

as for the interview.... simple. just be yourself and don't stress. its pretty informal.

utekineir

Banned
Should be like any other interview. Show some interest in the company and what they do , present yourself as being capable and reliable.

One thing I've noticed about costco is the local one seems to have all the same employees working up front the last 10 years or so. For what is typically are such high turnover positions they seem to have the same faces there for years and years.

So obviously they do something right with their employees.

VDubVirus

Euro-Elitist Moderator
^ very true about their employee relations. costco does an amazing job at taking care of their employees. When I left, it was because I was seasonal. They told me that sometime around march or april I might be getting a call back to be rehired as a permanent employee. Sadly, when they called me back 3 weeks after being laid off, I had already agreed to go over to Iraq for 6 months.

even after turning down the re-hire, they called me back the following holiday season to see if I was interested in a position. I wish more company's cared as much about their turnover as costco does.

skacoreimplore

they see me trollinnn
The interview seemed to go well today, it was a "2 person" interview with 2 managers. They told me I would need to come in for a 2nd interview when the other manager returned from vacation. I hope I get it =D

heftylefty

golfmkv elitist -_-
very nice man, the interivews will get easier and easier. the next one will probably be with one of the front end managers and the last one will probably be with the departmental sup. if they ask you for a third interview, then you most likely got it...just make sure you pass the drug test haha.

ive been with the company for about a year now and i love it. i work across the street from their main corporate office so our warehouse is more strict about stupid shit than others, but its the best job ive had yet. also their benefits are very good.

have they said what department theyre gonna send you to yet?

heftylefty

golfmkv elitist -_-
Honestly, I've been considering working at Costco... Seems like it'd be a fun and kickback job...

depends on the department. front end is usually pretty busy(atleast for our area) so you are always packing food into carts or pushing carts in the parking lot. i work in the tire shop and its DEAD right now...i pretty much get paid to stand around and shoot shit...its too good to be true lol.

heftylefty

golfmkv elitist -_-
its really not as bad as you think. i just hate it when its too cold or too hot outside but you can work at your own pace. i fuck around with the guys half the time anyways when i was pushing carts.

utekineir

Banned
back in high school i worked at a grocery store, cart pushing was great, it got you away from the douchebag customers, outside in the fresh air, getting exercise, plus you could go at your own pace long as the job was getting done.

then again i'd bust my ass, get the lot cleared, and then duck into gfs minivan for a bj.