GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Any DJs in Here

r32driverfan

EuroMama
Like the title says are there any DJs in here wether mobile or club DJ ? I was thinking about buying me some DJ gear like a laptop, speakers, and turntables with the Rane scratch live and mixer, so I can be a mobile DJ but I just want to get some insight from other DJ's. Is it pretty good money can you make a living from it and is it worth it ?

TheUnfadableMix

CPhT Euro Enthusiast!!!
Like the title says are there any DJs in here wether mobile or club DJ ? I was thinking about buying me some DJ gear like a laptop, speakers, and turntables with the Rane scratch live and mixer, so I can be a mobile DJ but I just want to get some insight from other DJ's. Is it pretty good money can you make a living from it and is it worth it ?

:thumbsup: for looking into Djn!! It's hella fun when you really start to get the hang of beatmatching and understanding the fundamentals to be able to startup on gigs. I used to do the Bedroom DJ thing (2x CDJ-800 MK2 , DJM-400 mixer and Mackie SRM 420....shyt was loud.... running Serato on a Macbook) ...... You can make pretty good money off of it but its all in networks and being able to pull jobs. I was able to get a gig here and there, but since I wasnt reputable for my work, I got paid ....but it wasnt alot. Get into it , have fun with it , and get established.... all the perks will follow! Like any hobby-turned-job , be prepared to invest some moolah for your initial setup.

the_brain

I am Sofa King Awesome
serato. macbook. set of technics. shure dj needles. vestax mixer. youre set after that

i started off with denon dns-3500 cd players and had some shitty numark mixer, then got a pair of technics and a rane mixer. it's really fun once you get into it, but you have to find out if it's really what you want. my friend tried getting into it because of me but after spending almost a grand on equipment he didn't enjoy it, ended up selling his stuff. just find out if thats what you really want to do.