GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Any Electric Razor Suggestions?

I dont understand that concept...In my head shaving with elect razor u would want the driest skin possible so blade could most effectively cut the hair ...I feel like lotion would like make everything wet and damp and have a horrible effect..like trying to mow in the rain...horrible idea...but I cant knock it cause I have never tried it.

adolan21

Ready to race!
regular shaving cream work?

Not sure if cream would work. What I was talking about is not really a lotion, sorry for the bad term use. Here it is:

greasyginzo

Go Kart Champion
I dont understand that concept...In my head shaving with elect razor u would want the driest skin possible so blade could most effectively cut the hair ...I feel like lotion would like make everything wet and damp and have a horrible effect..like trying to mow in the rain...horrible idea...but I cant knock it cause I have never tried it.

^This

Electric shavers work best on dry non pre treated hair

I have tried this with my series 7 and still wasn't as good as totally dry non pre treated face.

Edit: Also don't try and shave with electric if your face is sweaty. It needs to be completely dry and clean. Showering the night before and shaving when you first wake up will give best results....at least for me.

WAP

Go Kart Champion
regular shaving cream work?

No.

Yea, I always shave with a dry face. Even if I'm slightly sweaty or damp like after I washed and dried my face, it doesn't work.

Not sure if cream would work. What I was talking about is not really a lotion, sorry for the bad term use. Here it is:

Never used this, though.

^This

Electric shavers work best on dry non pre treated hair

I have tried this with my series 7 and still wasn't as good as totally dry non pre treated face.

Edit: Also don't try and shave with electric if your face is sweaty. It needs to be completely dry and clean. Showering the night before and shaving when you first wake up will give best results....at least for me.

Yea same here...I have to shave before I get in the shower...even turning the shower on and then starting to shave sometimes is a pain because it starts to get humid so fast which turns my skin moist which in turn makes it near impossible to shave...
Yea, I always shave with a dry face. Even if I'm slightly sweaty or damp like after I washed and dried my face, it doesn't work.

Sounds like everyone who knows whats what agree's with me....good to know im not missing out on anything with the prewash crap

JhnR

Banned
I just got a Philips Novesomething for beard trimming, and thats what im using. Shaving is overrated, and leaves red marks, etc.