GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Any Electricians in the house?

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Trying to figure out a project for school. Parameters are:

@24v 3 wire control build a circuit that achieves the following:

Using one start/stop station.
Push Start once, the single light does not illuminate.
Push Start a second time, the light illuminates.
Press the Stop and light turns off.
Use 2 relays.
IMG_1104.jpg

GolNat

Autocross Champion
I’ll see what I can come up with.

You have a single NO start button which only provides a single input for the relay. Pushing it 2x will just trigger the relay 2x. If you do a latching circuit the relay will latch but will need an input to unlatch it but again if you hit the start button 2x it won’t give you a different input to the relay it will just stay latched.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
1710421965039.png

More seriously, this sounds like a fun little thought experiment. I know nothing about electrical, but enjoy problem solving like this haha.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Here is what Google says- "The potato does not produce electricity; instead, it acts as an electrolyte or a buffer. Hence it forces the electrons to travel through the potato by separating zinc and copper and forms a complete circuit. By using only two potatoes, a small amount of potato energy or electrical energy is generated"

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Are these parameters set by the teacher or something?

Why can you only have one start button? Hitting the start button and having nothing happen has no purpose.

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Are these parameters set by the teacher or something?

Why can you only have one start button? Hitting the start button and having nothing happen has no purpose.
He said only one person has figured it out using only 2 relays. Could add another relay if necessary.
Been trying to figure it out and is frying my brain.
I figure hitting it once energizes (and holds) one relay, hitting it again energizes 2nd relay and powers the light. But I have not been able to draw it out to make it happen.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Having one press latch a relay makes sense. It must not be a single contact start button. It might have a NO and NC contacts on it cause using a single contact NO momentary button is not making sense.

PerceivedShift

Autocross Champion
Few questions first, which button is start and which is stop? One is NO the other is NC. Also, are the top contacts on the relays NO and the bottom NC? 90% sure I've figured this out in my head but need to be sure of the layout first.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Start buttons are NO
Stops are NC
Relay shown is a DPDT