GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

any experience with getaround.com?

Brewski

Formerly Chris2021
I just heard of this new site in the west where people can't rent out there cars for pretty cheap to other people. I thought it was a pretty cool idea. I'm looking into renting a car to take to the coast next week and these deals on some more fun cars are awesome. I'm stuck between a 2000 Miata and a 2012 Fiat 500

http://www.getaround.com/goplayoutside

http://www.getaround.com/tangerinerocket

Theres also this 2010 GTI but i'm looking to try something I haven't really driven much before http://www.getaround.com/robmorgan78

Anyway, Has anyone tried this out yet? I'm a little weary it's a scam or something

bhmkv

Auto Body Appraiser
In CT if you rent your car to someone it voids your auto coverage in the event of an accident. Pretty sure this is the same for most states. Just heads up.

utekineir

Banned
They have the same thing in chicago. IIRC, its called zip car there. interesting concept

Not quite, zip car is a company renting a private "fleet".

With this other site if it's the one I read about a couple months ago it's a company sourcing it's fleet from privately owned vehicles.

Pretty sure I read the company provided insurance for the rented vehicle during service.

I know how I've treated rentals, no way would I enroll my own vehicle into the program.

Bfreiman

lalalalalalalalalalalala
I've never driven a Miata. I drove both the Fiat 500 and the Fiat 500 Abarth. I thought both of them were just ok.

Brewski

Formerly Chris2021
They have the same thing in chicago. IIRC, its called zip car there. interesting concept

Not quite, zip car is a company renting a private "fleet".

With this other site if it's the one I read about a couple months ago it's a company sourcing it's fleet from privately owned vehicles.

Pretty sure I read the company provided insurance for the rented vehicle during service.

I know how I've treated rentals, no way would I enroll my own vehicle into the program.

Yeah i'm familiar with zip car. It's different in that it uses company owned cars that are all boring commuters. Using individual's private cars is interesting because it gives you a lot of fun options. I would absolutely never put my car on a site like this but if other people are doing it i'll be happy to take advantage of cheap fun rentals! I read somewhere on this site that its a study, maybe put on by a college? But I think that they don't take anything off the top for themselves so thats why the rates are so cheap.

This company does insure every vehicle it rents with a 500 dollar deductible.

Brewski

Formerly Chris2021
According to my research, the company does its service on the west coast, east texas, and chicagoland. Just FYI

Kwiksilver07

Go Kart Champion
Fuck this idea, no one drives my car but me. I would never let some jag get into
My car and beat it. Remember the things you use to do with rental car when you would go on spring break? I distinctly remember flooding one as well as ripping of an exhaust...

Brewski

Formerly Chris2021
So I got a Fiat 500 from 6am-9pm for 16 bucks! :happyanim:

Now i just hope the guy isn't a murderer....

Kwiksilver07

Go Kart Champion
Good knowing ya. You will make a beautiful lamp shade!

Brewski

Formerly Chris2021
So my last update about that site: The fucker blew me off. I went out to his house and called and he was at the airport. I'm pretty mad about it. The company has been responding quickly to my emails before so i'm sure i'll get my money back soon. It's a good idea, but people are just idiots.

Kwiksilver07

Go Kart Champion
At least you're not hanging upside down in a dingy basement being bled by some dahmer wanna be...

Kwiksilver07

Go Kart Champion