GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Any Limewire experts?

slow91

Car Audio Guru
Short version:

I've been using Limewire for 3 years now....no issues. All of a sudden....the last few weeks I am receivong no connection to their server. Also, there is a "firewall" icon that has popped up in the lower left tool bar....???....:mad0259:

Things I've already tried:

1) Uninstalled Limewire and reinstalled.

2) Uninstalled my McAfee firewall program.

3) Turned off Windows Vista firewall.

4) Re-established all of my setting I already had previously and still nothing.

I've registered on the Limewire forum and read multiple threads and possible fixes for these issues, but still no luck.

I'm wondering if they have changed something in their filesharing that does not allow downloads unless you buy the "Pro" version. I was going to do this, but read some threads on the Limewire forum where members bought the Pro version and still can't download music or vids.:iono:

Btw, any other music filesharing suggestions would be appreciated. I'm willing to buy one...just want to exhaust my efforts on this first.

Thanks.

KingOfJericho

Go Kart Champion
Use piratebay and utorrent. Never an issue. Downloading single songs is like filling up your tank 1 gallon at a time.

Remus6

ViVa La Fuga!WLF
Use piratebay and utorrent. Never an issue. Downloading single songs is like filling up your tank 1 gallon at a time.

:word:

I used to use limewire, but too many problems with virus and such. Torrent = WIN!

I use bit comet though.

slow91

Car Audio Guru
Sounds like your ISP.

I agree with the above posters, torrents FTW.

I originally thought that it was my ISP/modem so I contacted Comcast tech support. They said the issues I had would most likely be with the Comcast/McAfee support division. Still no luck.:frown:

I'm going to try the torrents site. Thanks everyone.:cool:

DUB2OT

Banned
yeah i been using limwire pro for years but recently when i installed the newer version i started having connection problem the fix was something really simple like deleting the old download folder and recreating a new download folder.

bme30

Ready to race!
get frostwire!!!!!!! like lime wire pro, but free!!!! and mininova.org is great for torrents!

JDraft

architectural draftsman
Update/reinstall your Flash. Limewire runs on Flash.

EDIT: Actually I think Limewire uses Java. So try updating that as well.

Last edited:

VandalRG

1st VW
http://torrents.to/

Links to and searches all the major torrent sites and more. Although private trackers are the way to go.

Remember folks, torrents aren't just for pirated material! Doesn't sound like that's what the OP is asking about anyhow, so I don't see any reason for a lock.