GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Any longboarders out there?

BlueWabbit

back being low.
Hey guys well just out of curiousity if there are any longboaders out there in the community, who can give a noob some insight. I'm slowly getting interested in longboarding but not for doing tricks but it'll be another form of transportation, so basically a cruiser in town and around campus. Does anyone have any recommendations? experiences? pictures?

So far I have not yet rode any of the decks I am thinking about so my shopping so far is based on price and design. The 3 companies I really dig design wise would be Never Summer, Arbor, and Sector 9. so i guess budget wise isn't too expensive since even the complete decks i've been looking at isn't no more than 200$ so 100-200 range. theres no rush in getting one just want to see who has one and any experiences / recommendations they would have.

thanks guys

MKvUltra

I'm chasing perfection
I had a sector 9 long board it was awesome the bearings were so good I couldn't leave it alone on flat ground or it would roll away. So much fun though I used to luge on it too... this was years ago though

BlueWabbit

back being low.
cool so it wasnt like the pintail kind right? since im kinda confused about the purpose of the pintail longboards. are they better cruisers?

BadGTI

Ready to race!
I have a Sector 9 and love it. I used to cruise everyday with some friends but I dont ever have time anymore. As far as the pintail style goes, I wouldn't get one. I have heard some some stories about the tails breaking off if you put to much weight on them, and it has happened to my friend before.

tasteofink8733

IlluminatiBilderbergNWO
Sector 9 is shit.

www.silverfishlongboarding.com

Go there and do some research. If your going the commercial route I would look at Gravity Longboards.

Gravity Diamond Tail (my first longboard <3)

Really sweet for cruising and carving around, not so great if your using it for the city and have to go over large cracks and crevices.

My Boards

The Diamond Tail

My downhill board- Kebbek Racing Ian Comishin Deck, Crail Downhill trucks, Biltin Abec 7 bearings, Abec 11 Special Edition Pink Gumballs 76mm 77a Duro

If you do plan on riding on the side walk alot and riding down some decent hills, or even want to get into downhill longboarding i would get something like i put above.

Meat

rack rack 'em
Hell yeah. I ride a Bustin. I bought it for transportation around campus but I've found it to be a lot more than that. It's fun to ride:

NewaveRide

LOLOMGWTFEUROVERATED
i had a sector 9 diamond tail with only 5 plies. bearings were amazing and the board was amazing for cruising around. cause the deck was so thin it flexed alot so you could really pump it for carving

BlueWabbit

back being low.
awesome thanks guys but yeah taste i did check out silver fish there are so many companies out there so i just clicked on the 3 that i know and checked out the reviews.

but its gonna be basically on campus and in town maybe for kicks in parking lots but dont think im gonna do any down hill stuff.

BadGTI, i didn't know the tails break off on the pintails =\ thanks for telling me.

basically just looking for a solid board (quality wise), not too flexible, and easy to manuver in areas and stability is probably another factor.

i know the certain size and shape is made to do different things but like the stuff i just stated would i need like a pintail? or just a 36" or smaller would be ok, dont know if height matters but im about 5ft 7in.

edit:: newave so when it really flexes a lot its easy to turn / manuver? but its not like i want it to flex so much if i just snapped the board that would not be cool.

tasteofink8733

IlluminatiBilderbergNWO
Landyachtz Drop Carve, Hands down. Its a drop through set up so it is stable at speed, and because it is so low it puts less stress on your legs when pushing. It carves great so you can zip around through people and its not expensive if you get one of the packages from Landyachtz which include amazing bearings, truck and wheels. The wheels are big and wide so they are good for bumps, twigs, and cracks. Plus they are grippy as hell for carving around.

Also for 7 bucks more i would go for the super deluxe, the deluxe has abec 11 strikers on them which are more of a sliding wheel which is not what you are looking for.

I know you probably looked at some of the more commercial brands, but trust me.

http://landyachtz.com/D25.cfm?PID=300&place=1

UnNatural GTI

UnNaturally Aspirated
i guess im the only one who thought of surfing when i saw this thread

I totally thought it would have been surfing. I was stoked to possibly find some dudes that longboard.

Longboard skateboarding is cool to. Big respect for you guys.

oettingerperformance

Ready to race!
I just bought a new board to add to my collection ( surf board) brand spanking new Jeff Doc Lausch... 6' 2'... so rad!

oettingerperformance

Ready to race!
am I the only one that puts their surfboard in the shotgun seat? haha I crank my seat back, and lay her up front..as a matter of fact, I brought her to work today, because I went shredding this morning South side of the hb pier! thank god for 4-3 oniel wetsuiteS!

UnNatural GTI

UnNaturally Aspirated
am I the only one that puts their surfboard in the shotgun seat? haha I crank my seat back, and lay her up front..as a matter of fact, I brought her to work today, because I went shredding this morning South side of the hb pier! thank god for 4-3 oniel wetsuiteS!

my shortest board is 8'6"