GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anybody a video game junkie?

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
I'm a little disappointed with the new FM. There are so many good tracks missing.
I know a very notable one is coming in "Spring 2024" (Nordschleife), but COTA, Sebring, Daytona, Road Atlanta...I can only hope they bring them back over time.
I've only done the first 3 intro races and just a few laps around Road America.

I've also been putting more time into Starfield.
I;m not playing it like I thought I would.
I figured I would be spending lots of time going places, checking stuff out and taking my time.
But I realized I'm just fast traveling everywhere mission after mission lol.

NoGodGetOverIt

Autocross Champion
Currently playing Blasphemous II to fill the gap until D4's Season of Blood starts.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Currently playing Blasphemous II to fill the gap until D4's Season of Blood starts.

Didn't realize a sequel had come out. I'll check it out, liked the first one.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
The upgrading system is broken.

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
What’s wrong with it?
so you have to level up cars before upgrade parts become available, takes ~2-3 hours of driving to fully upgrade a car. kinda shitty, but whatever.

HOWEVER, if you buy a second copy of that car to say, make a drift car v a circuit car, you then need to level up THAT copy of the car again to access the parts.

so say you have one golf r you get and level it up to the max that is lvl50 to get all parts available.

now you wanna get another golf r to try something fun, you receive that car at lvl0 and need to do it all over again.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
so you have to level up cars before upgrade parts become available, takes ~2-3 hours of driving to fully upgrade a car. kinda shitty, but whatever.

HOWEVER, if you buy a second copy of that car to say, make a drift car v a circuit car, you then need to level up THAT copy of the car again to access the parts.

so say you have one golf r you get and level it up to the max that is lvl50 to get all parts available.

now you wanna get another golf r to try something fun, you receive that car at lvl0 and need to do it all over again.

Is there an in game currency you can buy that allows you to level them up quickly?

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
Even with the weird upgrade system I’m still letting myself look forward to FM because it’s been so long since I’ve actually felt excited for a game release. I’ll give it a try for $10 on Game Pass before I buy it… a few other games on there I’d like to try as well.

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
Even with the weird upgrade system I’m still letting myself look forward to FM because it’s been so long since I’ve actually felt excited for a game release. I’ll give it a try for $10 on Game Pass before I buy it… a few other games on there I’d like to try as well.
yeah im game passing it.

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
I like the handling feel in Forza Motorsport through my gamepad... the new tire model is really good and feels nice when you're balancing a car at the limit. AI is decent when they're out in the open but they don't seem to know what to do when they're around other cars, which is still an improvement but not quite what I was hoping for. I also don't mind the upgrade system, but I'm also type who likes a bit of a grind.

I'm unhappy with the car I first chose... the Mustang. I chose it because in FM7 it was fun and reasonably competitive online while the STI was not, and none of the FWD cars feel "right" to me. The Mustang feels like the big, heavy car that it is which is a good thing for accuracy but not so good because I'm stuck with it until I can buy another car.

My poor old 1070ti is starting to feel its age though.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Lords of the Fallen didn't end up looking as good as I was hoping it to be, so I'm skipping that for now.

But Spider-man 2 this weekend! Can't wait to play with my web slingin peter.

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
also a week after launch forza motorsport changed the unlock requirements for the car leveling to stop at 25 instead of the full 50.

but they didnt increase the amount of carpoints you acquire per level so you still need to level the car up to 50 to be able to use everything how you want.