GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anybody furloughed?

H2O_Doc

Ready to race!
The only time I was important was when I was FEMA Cadre. :)

If I was still at the Corps of Engineers, I’d be working this week. I did a year at the White House CEQ (non-political appointment/career Fed), but didn’t experience a shutdown during that time.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Good grade. Retired 12/10 Philly area.

Nice! Buying back my military time soon which will put me that much closer to retirement. I'm the enterprise Architect for a sustainment organization and literally just made the switch to govt about 3 months ago.

DiscusInferno

Go Kart Newbie
What grades do we have here?

12. Held off on getting a 13, so that I was able to move to the West Coast.

And I'm in the office, since my organization is fully funded. No one in the office due to use-or-lose season means it is a quiet week.

The last organization I worked for, the last shutdown, all the employees on reimbursable funding had to work. All the managers, whom were primarily on overhead, got a free vacation. Us jobbers were quite pissed about it.

H2O_Doc

Ready to race!
12. Held off on getting a 13, so that I was able to move to the West Coast.

And I'm in the office, since my organization is fully funded. No one in the office due to use-or-lose season means it is a quiet week.

The last organization I worked for, the last shutdown, all the employees on reimbursable funding had to work. All the managers, whom were primarily on overhead, got a free vacation. Us jobbers were quite pissed about it.

I was in a similar situation at the Corps a few years back; some of us worked and some were furloughed depending on how we were funded. I didn’t mind working even though some got a free vacation. I was happy to have the assurance of a paycheck.

As far as my work goes now, I’d gladly work until I go to that permanent furlough in the sky: I have a pretty cool line of work.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Fully funded and working on my 9 as soon as this year. I've got 10 years in with my by-back.
I would have had eight in my buy back, but active duty national guard didn't count for some reason. Boo.

codered911

Ready to race!
I would have had eight in my buy back, but active duty national guard didn't count for some reason. Boo.

I was Guard for 6 and reserve for 1. I only got 13 months to buy back from time deployed OEF V. I spent my last year in IRR and thankfully didn't get called up again for another tour.

H2O_Doc

Ready to race!
Looks like we are moving no closer to a deal that gets us back to work.

I think y’all in the DC area should work on my GTI to keep yourselves busy. I’m looking out for your mental health.

H22hatch

Ready to race!
Federal Contractor here. Considered essential so our group has been working from home for the last month. Thankfully still getting paid as our contract is FFP and paid up through the end of March.

H2O_Doc

Ready to race!
Federal Contractor here. Considered essential so our group has been working from home for the last month. Thankfully still getting paid as our contract is FFP and paid up through the end of March.

Contractors (who aren’t being paid) are too frequently forgotten in all of this.