GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

anybody having any problems with their new gti

jdb4950

Drag Racing Champion
hello folks..i am just writing to see if anyone out there is having any problems with their new mkv golf gti or the jetta gli after purchase(any electrical or mechanical defects)..since i will be ordering one this week..email me back and let me know how you are enjoying your new fast

big papa

Oval Newbie
I have the fuel line rattle, it will be taken care of under warranty, whenever I find time to take it in. I am satisfied w/ the quality of this car.

bigdyno

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
I had a problem with loose sub frame bolts that I outlined on another thread, VWoC took care of it likety split. Also, the cover of the air intake just inside the hood was MIA from delivery, but when it came back from the sub frame issue, it had one.

GTI lover all over again

Over fifty and lov'n it!
Car(s)
2007 GTI
jdb4950 said:
hello folks..i am just writing to see if anyone out there is having any problems with their new mkv golf gti or the jetta gli after purchase(any electrical or mechanical defects)..since i will be ordering one this week..email me back and let me know how you are enjoying your new fast

execellent :clap:

love it, no problems!

:headbang:

BTW don't sweat being 39, you're only as young as you feel!

:laughabove:

Jerome81

Autocross Newbie
I'm actually quite encouraged by the relative lack of problems I've read so far on this board.

I've been on the Miata forum for a good 6 years now, and the MIata has been known as being one of the most reliable cars you can buy. However, for the 2006 redesign, I'd say I've heard of a few more common problems experienced by many members than I have here on this forum.

Maybe just maybe I'll feel good enough to give the GTI a chance :)

KaynE

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Jerome81 said:
I'm actually quite encouraged by the relative lack of problems I've read so far on this board.

I've been on the Miata forum for a good 6 years now, and the MIata has been known as being one of the most reliable cars you can buy. However, for the 2006 redesign, I'd say I've heard of a few more common problems experienced by many members than I have here on this forum.

Maybe just maybe I'll feel good enough to give the GTI a chance :)

lol If you don't count the gear lever shuddering and the bad engine on the 97 models (I think), then yea, they are quite reliable.

My airbag fault light just went on today. Very annoying.

mk1-fan

Drag Race Newbie
I have one big recurring problem on my GTI
I can't keep it below the speed limit, lol.:laugh:

101st_IanC

Autocross Newbie
mk1-fan said:
I have one big recurring problem on my GTI
I can't keep it below the speed limit, lol.:laugh:
:laughabove: :laughabove: :laughabove:

Same here...

Whafrodamus

Walnuts, bitch.
Car(s)
2010 MK6 GTI
Hey old man, I think you meant to visit the accord forums! Hah :p (just kiddin')

I'm at 2400 Miles and the only problem I've had was the fuel line rattle, which was fixed in about 10 minutes at my dealership. The car has been an absolute pleasure to drive, and I always smile when behind the wheel.

BMWDavid

Drag Racing Champion
My two week old GTI/DSG now has 1500 miles on it. So far no problems or issues at all.

Everything works fine, paint is perfect, no rattlles. The only complaint would be the somewhat wimpy radio sound.

I'm pretty anal about my cars so I'm very impressed with this car.

David