GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone in the Eastern PA area with an APR-tuned mk7/7.5 Golf?

Belthasar

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Mk7 GSW 4Mo 6MT
I'm hoping to find someone who has a stage 1 APR tune near me. As documented in my ongoing saga thread, I'm still dealing with some crippling input lag after wastegate actuator and diverter valve replacement and a pedal tuner has done nothing to address this. I was hoping to be able to feel what a stage 1 APR-tuned 1.8t is supposed to feel like in order to determine the degree to which something's wonky on mine.

Hoping to have a community member around these parts (and buy them a beer for their time!).

Belthasar

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Mk7 GSW 4Mo 6MT
Bump with an update - I'm now IS20-tuned and still experiencing some input lag that nothing (including a pedal tuner) has made it enjoyable to drive. I'd love to compare to another APR-tuned (Stage 1 or Stage 3, really doesn't matter) 1.8t and see if what I'm experiencing is normal, or if there's something subtle going on.

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
Input lag at all speeds or just part throttle?

I was APR tuned. There was a problem with accelerating from about half throttle. The car would bog and then take off like a rocket. Turns out that it's something in the software that causes the diverter valve to be open at half throttle. I went with an EQT tune specifically for this reason, as they claimed to have fixed the problem. They did.

Belthasar

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Mk7 GSW 4Mo 6MT
Input lag at all speeds or just part throttle?

I was APR tuned. There was a problem with accelerating from about half throttle. The car would bog and then take off like a rocket. Turns out that it's something in the software that causes the diverter valve to be open at half throttle. I went with an EQT tune specifically for this reason, as they claimed to have fixed the problem. They did.

Basically, any gear, any speed, as long as I give it more than 10% throttle, the car does nothing for almost a full second before taking off.

Your info about the diverted valve is very interesting. Where did you get this info? I’d love to do some research into this and find if that’s why I’m experiencing this infuriating lag. I can’t imagine this going unnoticed and unaddressed by APR if it is indeed a diverted valve-related bug in the software

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
dv surge.jpg

Belthasar

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Mk7 GSW 4Mo 6MT
Very interesting info. Thanks for sharing.

The lag I'm plagued with occurs at just about any throttle input level - I'd say anywhere from 10% to 100%, and it also occurs at pretty much any RPM. Doesn't seem to match up with the software bug description provided by EQT.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
I never experienced this when I had a APR Stage 1 tune on my 6MT Alltrack.