GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone order a 4-door GTI yet?

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
I wouldn't call it semantics...you haven't ordered a 5-door GTI. You have an agreement with your dealer to order one next month when everyone else has the same ability. Just making sure you're getting the straight scoop. Not sure why you needed to put any money down now though. My guy is going to call me as soon as the system opens up and I'll have my order in then.

azmcs

FIA World Rally Car Champion
A41.8QTM said:
I wouldn't call it semantics...you haven't ordered a 5-door GTI. You have an agreement with your dealer to order one next month when everyone else has the same ability. Just making sure you're getting the straight scoop. Not sure why you needed to put any money down now though. My guy is going to call me as soon as the system opens up and I'll have my order in then.

Hope he calls you when they are first available. An "agreement" is probably a more accurate term for what I have at this point, true. Thanks for looking out for me, if it wasn't a good friend I would have been very hesitant to put money down. We gotta look out for each other in this as I think the 4 door are gonna be very popular and there is sure to be some price gouging going on in the late summer.

Cheers!

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Yeah...I'm not interested in getting raped on the price. The 5-door is $500 more than the 3-door so there shouldn't be any surprises on the invoice. I'm perfectly happy to give them a 2-4% profit depending on how I'm being treated. I like to think I'm in good shape because the salesman I'm working with is involved with the local VW club scene and runs the local discussion forum. So he should be aware that I'm up on my info and give me a good honest deal...that's all I want, fair price for me and fair profit for him. Wouldn't the world of car buying be so much nicer if it were always like that?

d.C

DJ
it's $600 cad more in canada.
btw, some facts but some of you might know already, the 3-door and the 5-door actually has the same dimensions, just the the front doors are shorter and added the rear doors.

Double-V

Go Kart Champion
My dealer told me today that my order is in - BMP with luxury leather and rear side airbags. He said that they expected it in early August...

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
What is "BMP"? You guys can get leather as a stand alone option?

Double-V said:
My dealer told me today that my order is in - BMP with luxury leather and rear side airbags. He said that they expected it in early August...

Double-V

Go Kart Champion
A41.8QTM said:
What is "BMP"? You guys can get leather as a stand alone option?

Black magic pearl.

Options in Canada suck. You can order sunroof, luxury leather (which includes sunroof), and rear side airbags. That's it. No sat radio, no navigation, no climatronic, no package 0 through 3. We do get heated seats with cloth interior, but that is about it.

azmcs

FIA World Rally Car Champion
daigo said:
I got 4-door white GTI a month ago. .... Its South African made. If you want 2-door, we could only available for a new R32.

The US spec ones are gonna be built in Wolfsburg, no SA.

olympiaronnie

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
'07 GTI
well i ordered my 4 door UG gti in the beginning of october, and i should receiving it late december, at it is made in germany, hope that can help

Finnegan

The Drunken Irishman
I test drove one about a month ago. :iono:

lslugz

1/1 MexiCAN
have had mine for a little over a month. i think they look better than a 2 dr, but thats just my opinion! :eyebulge: :thumbsup:

Snowborderz

I Drive DoggyStyle
haha funny how some threads can be picked up after a month

manjk

Rocket Man
looked at one, pricing i think was in the 34k range canadian need a four door, too young insurance is gonna be smack loads if i get a two but the 4 doors are just as gud luking have sen a few on this site that have encouraged my buy

FINANCE RATE ON A 07 IS RIDICULUS 5.9 dats outrageous thats the only thing holding me back im waitin do you guys think there will be a budge in the interest rate?

My Dealership said that if i order a 4 door GTI now id get it around January which is gud, but not sure where the hell it would come from Germany or US or some next place tha ti done know of