GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone read any good books lately?

torga

Autocross Champion
I’ve read kitchen confidential 2 times. I can hear Bourdain talking as I read it. Fantastic book.

Can hear the same thing in my head. He's a wonderful author. The whole book feels like he's telling me the story, rather than just simply writing a story. The Day In the Life and Sous-Chef chapters are phenomenal.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Just @Acadia18 build thread. Real drama in there. And some comedy. Highly recommend it.

It covers all the bases. Comedy. Drama. Suspense. Horror. True Love. Heartbreak. Betrayal.

It's The Princess Bride of build threads.

dood.

Drag Racing Champion
1644302108734.png

Listened to this on audiobook recently. Recommend to any sci-fi fans.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
I am a Field Engineer for GE Hitachi. I travel in support of outages around the world.
Very cool! I'm out of the field now, but refuels were always fun. Standing over an open reactor is cool for about an hour, then it gets really boring when you realize you're just going to read fuel bundle serial numbers for the next 2 days 😂

Jack Adebayor

Housel M. The Psychology of Money: Timeless lessons on wealth, greed, and happiness
I heard about this book from some youtube blogger and it turned out to be worth reading.

Last edited:

torga

Autocross Champion
I finished American Psycho not too long ago. Much more brutal than the movie. Something about reading the gruesome scenes hits different than watching them on a screen. It's almost like I'm desensitized to it on a screen, but my imagination can still fuck me up. Had to take breaks after some chapters.

Now I'm reading some Haruki Murakami -- Hardboiled Wonderland and the End of the World.

I'm also in the middle of Lies My Teacher Told Me by James Loewen. It's very eye-opening.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
AM. Psycho...great book, meh movie. I admit to preferring most books over the same movies.

exceptions:

Catch 22
One flew over the cuckoos nest
Up in the Air

special note for Princess Bride both are great