GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone using the Powerflex hybrid dogbone puck?

EmptyHeaded

Passed Driver's Ed
Keep in mind the item you're seeing on sale at ECS is a different item altogether, and is just an insert for the lower puck only. The one I installed is a "hybrid", which completely replaces the OEM lower puck, AND is an insert for the OEM upper puck.

I'm not sure I've ever heard of anyone recommending to re-lube poly engine/dogbone mounts. I haven't had any issues with this one or others I've owned, but I'm sure someone else can chime in if they've had issues.
Dude good catch. I didn't even realize that when I was cross-referencing part numbers between ECS and Powerflex.

Thanks for your feedback! :beers:

jybyrd

Go Kart Champion
I picked one of these up the other day to replace my 034 insert. Thanks for the heads up - I had no idea this was even a product!

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Y'all let us know what you think.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Tigsel

Ready to race!

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Ditto. $64 on ebay with coupon today. Have to wait for it to ship from UK but at least that was free. My first mount! *tear
[emoji33] first mount! If you get some bad vibes try the Roc Euro arm. I'm really curious if it does as I suspect reduce doggie bone puck nvh.

Tigsel

Ready to race!
Nope, wont fit V2. I just went through this with USP. They refunded my money and said they would correct the website. Looks like they didn't.

Dammit. Thanks for the heads up! Back to research :mad:

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie

Hotfart

Ready to race!
Installed 034 engine & trans mounts tonight. Just got back from a quick ride, initial impressions are great! There's even less wheelhop now, with a later threshold and it's less violent. Shifts are much improved as well, and the front end feels even more planted.

I'll need to drive it more to say for sure, but I could swear vibrations/harshness actually went down very slightly. It's a tad noisier at idle and in reverse though, but nothing close to excessive. If NVH holds as-is, it makes me wonder if the sloppy OEM mounts were putting too much pressure on the dogbone and contributing to the vibes. That might be a hairbrained theory, but bottom line is so far I'm loving the combo of 034 engine/trans mounts & Powerflex puck.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Not enough reviews/miles on it yet. What can you say about your IE insert?
I sort of did things backwards, so my experience probably won't be equivalent. I put the IE insert in last, after motor/transmission/pendulum arm. It added zero NVH and eliminated what was left of engine rocking on downshifts while rolling to a stop in D/S.

It was sold to me because the guy's wife complained about the NVH, and I've seen at least one other post here stating the same. I think because I'd already added some NVH with my other mounts, there wasn't any extra shake for this thing to absorb.