GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

AP1 or AP2 S2k?

Dirt Nasty

Go Kart Champion
Guys, i'm itching to build a mild track car. I have decided I would like to pickup a AP1 or AP2 S2k. Anyone have experience with them? What would you feel is the best choice? My GTI will always be my daily driver. After I get my Turboback and St II tune I am done plunking around with it, As, I don't want a bunch of crazy power in a daily driver. Any advice on where to start? opinions? all feedback is greatly appreciated. I am on the S2k forums as well but thought I would get some feedback from some of my fellow GTI guys. I know most of you have had alot of cars or been around track racing (well some of you) Not buying one for straight line speed, again for track use.

Tetsuei

needs m0ar shiny.
I'd say you're more likely to find better information on s2ki, to be perfectly honest. As to AP1 vs AP2, while all of the AP1 die-hards are all "it revs higher!", there's a reason they changed it for the AP2. I personally prefer the AP2, but that's just my own opinion - either way, you'd be getting one of the best NA engines available...

t'sGTI

Go Kart Champion
I have driven both AP1 and AP2 S2000's and owned a 2005 AP2.
Some like the 9,000 rpm redline on the AP1's but I think
the increase in torque at lower rpm on the AP2's makes them
easier to drive fast.
You don't have to rev them quite so hard.

Just my opinion.