GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR 2.5 Carbonio CAI HELP!

espo22lax

Ready to race!
Okay guys, just got my APR intake in the mail today. I was super excited to get it installed..first thing I noticed that was really strange was the old intake had 2 separate hoses coming out of it and the APR only had one. After taking way longer than it should've I got to the final stages of actually putting the intake in the car. Long story short, I couldn't get either of the 2 hoses from the old intake onto the APR one. I was losing daylight and had to get everything back on the car. After being very very frustrated I ended up just putting back on all the stock parts and calling it a night..any idea what i can do?

miikez.

Autocross Newbie
so have i but i never actually found out how it got resolved. my engine only had one breather hose. but i know for a fact there was quite a few guys that ran into this same situation.

espo22lax

Ready to race!
ahh yeah i tried searching the forums here but it came up empty. I do remember reading something a few months back about this..I guess i'll contact APR and see what they have to say

Modshack1

Go Kart Champion

espo22lax

Ready to race!
@Modshack

Yeah I saw that thread but my issue is different than that.

@Arin

E-mail sent with info and packing list from shipment. Purchased directly from APR.

Thanks guys! Hope this gets resolved quickly!

espo22lax

Ready to race!
Okay after a few emails to Arin we figured out that secondary filter I ordered never came with the order and I need to talk to someone else within APR to get that cleared away. Hopefully the process goes quickly cause I'm real pumped to actually put in my intake haha.

Thanks Arin for looking out and for the rest of the members that helped at all :)

Modshack1

Go Kart Champion
Okay after a few emails to Arin we figured out that secondary filter I ordered never came with the order and I need to talk to someone else within APR to get that cleared away. Hopefully the process goes quickly cause I'm real pumped to actually put in my intake haha.

Don't let that hold you up! That secondary SAI filter is pretty non-critical. Zip tie a sock over it and put that thing in..

espo22lax

Ready to race!
haha don't tempt me..the problem is I'm not sure which one is the secondary one..I guess its the one that doesn't fit into the Carbonio (glad I answered my own question lol)

Also, anyone know if I need to remove the plastic clips over the 2 hoses in order to get it on the carbonio or should it snap on?

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Also, anyone know if I need to remove the plastic clips over the 2 hoses in order to get it on the carbonio or should it snap on?

The hose should snap on.

If it doesn't then there is probably a little too much resin left on the bung. Once we noticed this issue on another customers intake, Carbonio changed the manufacturing process and put in a check to make sure each intake is checked before it leaves their facility. It's possible the intake you received was in the original batch and was left unchecked. We typically go through many of these intakes at a time, so my guess was this was in a pile that was set aside for H2O international. I cannot apologize enough if this is the case but thank you for contacting me. Chris in tech support will work with you to identify the issue and get you all squared way!

As for the breather filter, please check all your boxes and rummage around in the peanuts and any form fitting foam. The filter is small and easily misplaced. Heck, we even had a customer misplace his stage 3 manifold inside of some packaging foam! lol!

:thumbsup:

espo22lax

Ready to race!
Checked the box, absolutely no filter inside and I just took apart the stock instake again and both hoses absolutely will not fit into it. The smaller hose looks like it would fit but it just doesn't, it wont snap on. Oh well, guess i'll wait for an e-mail from Chris to see what happens. Thanks again!