GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR DTR6054 Direct Turbocharger Replacement System

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Yea, you gotta find the line you're not willing to cross, and just call it good for your needs. The 1.8s can be plenty fast, just never as fast as a 2.0 for the same mods. You should def log the drag runs!
Exactly - the OTS IS38 4Mo wagons are perfect daily fun/practical cars. Love mine.

messrock

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI DSG
So - for a GTI upgrade - this thing is a blast to drive. Gone is that sudden surge at 2500 just as you’re shifting. Driving is smooth and predictable and when I wanna go fast, it goes fast. I’m still gonna dragy the shit out of this thing before and after IC install.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
good to hear. it beats the shit out of the is20 on the gti on the top end, i am SURE of that!

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I topped out 3rd on stage 1 at 94. Took third to 105 with pulling back on the throttle around 6900 because came up on a car.

3rd gear pulling all the way to 100mph is fucking magical. One thing I do miss about the GTI.

FooDogg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack S 6MT
Some typical engine health checks on a used car should be enough to know whether its a good idea to push power. Of course all fluids should be changed as well along with new plugs.

Compression
Leakdown
Oil Pressure (I would be interested in knowing what is considered spec...bad, good, excellent for ea.888 gen3)
Water pump check
Valve clean if over 60k miles

I'd have no problem sendin it those checks looked good.

Since the turbo was oil starved, something caused low oil pressure....

For all we know the previous owner of the car would start-up, pull out of his driveway and floor it onto the highway every morning.
+1 on oil pressure specs

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Now do cow farts
Many laugh at this, but if it weren't for animal agriculture we could all drive around with no exhaust and still have a cleaner planet

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Walked a 5.0 from 65-100mph in 3rd without shifting once the other day with a bike hangin on the hitch, man did they look dumbfounded like they had just seen a ghost.
funny, makes you wonder why they would even choose to race someone if they are surprised to lose. he was probably like "myeh-hyeh-hehhh, lets pick on this little hatchback to make myself feel gooder!"

CarbonDub

Autocross Champion
No new revelations here but I finally got my car back. 2k less miles on the replacement engine, and $10k less from the wallet. Pain.

Giving the FWD file a try for bit.

91C67D8C-E3AF-42D6-B4BF-6C73E9BCF5D9.jpeg

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
1657405315491.gif

PerceivedShift

Autocross Champion
funny, makes you wonder why they would even choose to race someone if they are surprised to lose. he was probably like "myeh-hyeh-hehhh, lets pick on this little hatchback to make myself feel gooder!"
Well, when it comes to GTIs you never really know what your gonna get. It was two 5.0s playin a bit, then I decided to join in and it was game on.