GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Audi RS4 or Bmw M3 08'

gtiTom

The Average Asian

Maximum6

FASTER
I love 4 door cars however I'm wondering if it is a draw back. I love the 4 door look and how it is useful. But performance wise you're paying more to add weight. I was also curious if this M3 can go against the M6. I know M3 is lighter and may have DSG gear box. But M6 has alot of power.
I wished M3 would ONLY come in 4 doors so I would have no choice.

Audi RS4 is great car. I love how it ONLY offers 4 doors, and ONLY offers stick shift. And that Blue is fantastic!

Well if it comes down to it...which car can be tuned to more power and balance?

Maximum6

FASTER
If anything I'm not a BIG fan of a HUGE engine unless it is in Mid Engine.
I might wait for the new RS6 or whatever else RS Audi is coming out with.

And until then get a BMW M3 2 door. Either blue or white.
Stick shift or dsg is still deciding, possible leaning more towards stick shift..as it is traditional to the M

Sayemthree

Ready to race!
I was also curious if this M3 can go against the M6. I know M3 is lighter and may have DSG gear box. But M6 has alot of power.
I wished M3 would ONLY come in 4 doors so I would have no choice.

M6 does not have four doors and costs much more. expect the M3 to be a tick slower in 0-60 mph as rated by BMW, but it will surely handle better and turn faster times at the track. The M3 will have the CF roof. there are still rumors about a M3 sedan without the CF roof.

Maximum6

FASTER
that's strange. I know its still all rumors but why would they have a CF roof on a coupe and then not put it on a heavier 4 door version?

If that is the case...it seals the deal for me to getting 2 door.

Sayemthree

Ready to race!
my guess is that they would put the moonroof in the 4 door. BMW would think its the luxery version. :iono:

Sayemthree

Ready to race!
hardly dime a dozen. my 2001 M3 still is holding its value VERY well. ANd right now you currently cant even buy a new e46 M3. Yes, the RS4 will be more rare , but I doubt it will hold its value as well as a m3.

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
i'm not talking about how well it holds it's value, you still see a lot of M3's around as where you will never see a lot of RS4's around

Sayemthree

Ready to race!
oh. agreed. I guess the "dime" part threw me off into the world of re-sale value. maybe you should just say there will be dozens of them around and leave off the dime part. :smile:

( that saying means they are very low cost, not plentiful. )

Sayemthree

Ready to race!
S4's hold value extremely well btw.

I hope so - I will be selling one soon. however my 2001 M3 is almost worth as much my 2004 S4 Avant. At least in So Cal BMW resale value rules.

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
I hope so - I will be selling one soon. however my 2001 M3 is almost worth as much my 2004 S4 Avant. At least in So Cal BMW resale value rules.

ya know i'm a little curious, as much as i absolutely love the GTI...seems like you're replacing the S4 for it...i'm kinda intriuged cos you already have the tossable car in the M3, so what don't you like about the S4?