GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Autoblog: Ford discovers circa 2006 VAG technology, markets for MY2011

nhbubba

CEL free until 48,398 mi
http://www.autoblog.com/2009/07/21/ford-officially-confirms-four-cylinder-ecoboost/

Let's get this straight. This 'ecoboost' is a 2.0L I4 gas engine with direct injection and a turbo-charger. Good for about 230HP. .. Sound familiar to anyone 'round here?

:bonk:

I usually try not to fanboi too much-no matter how much I like my new VW-but I couldn't resist leaving a comment on this AB post. I've been listening to their podcats a lot lately and they are dangerously close to going 'round the bend in their Ford love-fest.

Don't get me wrong, I like FoMoCo a fair amount as well. I have one of their pickups in my stable and I like their chances better than the rest of the Detroit 2.5. But seriously! Which rock has Ford been living under for the last half-decade? Even their partners over at Mazda managed to dump a DI 2.3L turbo into a Mazda3.

If Ford does not drop one of these eco-farce engines into the next-gen Focus and I mean soon, then we might as well start the bankruptcy proceedings now.

PureDrive

Go Kart Champion
At least the Ford engine makes more power than the VW 2.0L in our cars...........I would not make too much fun of it, especially if they drop it in the Focus and it leaves the GTI in the dust............

nhbubba

CEL free until 48,398 mi
Unattainable and overpriced still beat non-existent in my book. .. But that still isn't the point.

The point is that a DI'ed turbo four-pot from Ford is massively overdue. As is a Focus based on a platform designed in this millennium.

nhbubba

CEL free until 48,398 mi
Pretty much my needs for a work truck exactly. Just need the open bed for dump trips, and hauling appliances/big things.

I'm hoping that new brand from india thats will be 30 mpg diesel small work trucks will turn out well.

'Mahindra', yeah, I'm curious too. Ugly as sin.. but who cares?

Although I have to admit that I really wouldn't mind a full-size, 8' bed that would take a sheet of plywood flat.

John/Cue\Publik

Speed>stance
the focus RS is coming to the US supposedly, and still rockin the volvo T5 rated at 305hp and an LSD tranny. so tempted, only complaint is they look rice straight from the factory

Scharf

the focus RS is coming to the US supposedly, and still rockin the volvo T5 rated at 305hp and an LSD tranny. so tempted, only complaint is they look rice straight from the factory

It's not.

PureDrive

Go Kart Champion

Where did you hear that? Last I heard, it was not coming over here........