GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Autoweek's take

Wantagti

insufficient funds
Car(s)
Chevy Suburban Z71
Playstation is the same thing I was thinking, no offense to those who own and love them. I've been driving manuals since 1990, probably over 300-400k miles and wouldn't drive anything else. I made the mistake of buying one automatic in my 30 cars. Never again.

kdawhg2380

Just finished watching Fast&Fuzzynuts
I was talking to a salesman at a VW dealership (I'm in Canada by the way) and he was telling me that a fluid change service on the DSG tranny costs around $900Cdn, and that the service interval is every 64,000Kms...so 40,000 miles.....has anyone heard something similar or is that true?

zerogt86

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Ive driven both the manual and the DSG. I believe the DSG is the best automatic style gearbox ever, but to me it felt like it was dulling the car. Shifting my own gears with a clutch just seemed to enhance the experiance of driving the Gti.

davis_grad

Touring Car Champion
GTI2007 said:
Sorry for all the DSG lovers but I have the same opinion about the DSG gearbox of the GTI as the guy from Autoweek.

You know, I bought a 6-speed, and love it, but there are times that I just wish I had DSG. Now, If I could have one of each . . . . .