GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bad smell at his high

gamassiked

Car(s)
Golf 7
Hi!
For the last month I have a problem with the smell.
I have changed the draining tube from the right passenger side, the carpet is dry, I made three ozon treatments of the climate control, I washed it with some kind of some foam and I changed 2 polen filters
What do you think it should be?
The smell is worse when the car is stationary.
While I'm driving, the smell dissapears and appears when I do some left-right turns.

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
What is "the smell"?

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Your upper lip?

I’m joking. Can you pin point where its coming from? Anything stuck to exhaust piping?

gamassiked

Car(s)
Golf 7
Your upper lip?

I’m joking. Can you pin point where its coming from? Anything stuck to exhaust piping?
It doesn't seem to be anything underneath the car.
I have removed the engine cover and the inner fender from the right side.
The smell is very accentuated when I take of the glove box, where the polen filter is.
The rotor seems to be clean, with no remains of animal.

Attachments

• 2558D2F6-8479-499C-A996-D6DFDDC3FF28.jpeg
    2558D2F6-8479-499C-A996-D6DFDDC3FF28.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 123

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
What’s that stuff in your glovebox? Looks like some sort of shavings?

Misha1

Take a look under the hood for rodent activity. If nothing there, look in the space between the engine bay and the bottom of your windshield, where your wiper arms attach to the pivot points. I had a rodent take residence in that space and the smell inside the cabin was awful as this is the channel that leads to the filter for the in-cabin air. The clean-up job was substantial.

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Check your engine bay?

gamassiked

Car(s)
Golf 7
Check your engine bay?
Checked 3 times

Take a look under the hood for rodent activity. If nothing there, look in the space between the engine bay and the bottom of your windshield, where your wiper arms attach to the pivot points. I had a rodent take residence in that space and the smell inside the cabin was awful as this is the channel that leads to the filter for the in-cabin air. The clean-up job was substantial.
Already checked...

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Ever smell it outside of the car?

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
I think Misha is on it. I had one (dead mouse?) in my Loves CRV that I never found and for 2 months we were driving around in it like dogs with out heads out the window. Either MouseMagic or drops of peppermint/spearmint oil on cotton balls replace 1x month may help them from coming back.

Mud