GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

best car for 14k

Best car for 14k

• S2000

Votes: 32 52.5%
  • M3 (fuck insurance, it's still the best)

Votes: 29 47.5%

• Total voters

tasteofink8733

IlluminatiBilderbergNWO
Id get the s2000. I also want you to realize if you want something fast, fun, and reliable for like 6000-8000 bucks you can have a 10 second civic hatch that also eats people up on the road course.

Si Killer

RIP BOVICE
Id get the s2000. I also want you to realize if you want something fast, fun, and reliable for like 6000-8000 bucks you can have a 10 second civic hatch that also eats people up on the road course.

i like the look of the s2k more, but i'd go for a clean and fast hatch if i could find one. the other thing is im not that down with fwd

Raddicted

Perfectly insane
any other suggestions? i was pretty interested in your opinion since we seem to agree on cars in general

I would strongly consider the RX8. I have loved this car from the beginning and it is an awesome car for an enthusiast that values the complete driving experience over just straight line speed.

The balance, handling, steering feedback, and overall feel is going to be as close to a Porsche as you are going to find for less than 30K. The shifter is nearly as good as the S2K. The brakes are excellent. I personally love the design. It seats 4 adults comfortably if necessary. It's well equipped. And they can't give them away brand new so picking up a lightly used one is dirt cheap.

But the icing on the cake is the Rotary engine and the involvement it demands from the driver. If you drive it sedately, you are going to feel like you are driving a Honda lawnmower. But if you want to get to the good stuff it demands that you work for it. You have to continuously keep it in that sweet spot to get the most from the rotary engine. And that means being on the ball with the shifter and clutch. It's a very rewarding experience that can't be said for many cars in this price range. And nothing beats the feeling of revving that bitch to 9500 rpm!! I'm pretty sure you will find the RX8 quite reasonable on insurance also.

On the down side: poor gas mileage, sucks down oil, polarizing design you either love or hate, no TQ or fun if you drive it Miss Daisy.

I love the S2000 but if I was going to buy either one tomorrow it would be the RX8. Go drive one. It's worth a test drive before committing to the S2K. You will know straight away if you love it or hate it.

I like all 3 of these cars but my personal picks would be in this order:
1. RX8
2. S2000
3. 350Z

If I steer away from these then it goes to the turbo AWD WRX/STi for me. But that's really another kettle of fish altogether in terms of characteristics, feel, and driving experience.

tasteofink8733

IlluminatiBilderbergNWO
i like the look of the s2k more, but i'd go for a clean and fast hatch if i could find one. the other thing is im not that down with fwd

My friends is FWD and it runs high 8 seconds. If you were to do a k20a2 with s2000 valvetrain you can rev to like 12 grand. Do some bolt-ons and a tune, then spend the rest of your money on suspension and you have an insane car.

Si Killer

RIP BOVICE
yeah i've looked at the rx-8 but i've never been sold on the styling and i hear the renesis has had issues? you know anything about this?

and my gf would love for me to get a z, but the engine sounds terrible when it gets to work and the interior is crap

tasteofink8733

IlluminatiBilderbergNWO
Id trade my GTI for that civic in a second.

pbfoot

Ready to race!
RX-8's are oil and gas hogs and have NO low end grunt. It was one of three cars I was considering when I got my GTI along with a Mini S and it was by far the least engaging to drive of the three.

Si Killer

RIP BOVICE
the ek would be a nice second car to work on, but as stated before, i'd like something that is great out of the box, unless i can find a really clean ek for under 10.