GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Best shows

Pirate King

King of Pirates
Last night I went to a Riverboat Gamblers and Fake problems concert and I have to say it was the best show I have ever been to. It was at the Bottom Lounge and while the first two bands(Bully in the Hallway and The Methadones) didn't draw too much of a crowd around the stage because for some reason people went to the show to sit in the back drinking rather than stand up at the stage they were pretty damn good. I saw Fake Problems when they came to DeKalb and played for about 13 people because the House Cafe didn't promote the show at all and it was awesome to see them play with a large crowd this time. I had been listening to Riverboat Gamblers for about 2 years and did not want to miss the chance to see them live. While we had to leave early and missed the last half of their set so we didn't miss our train back to DeKalb it was an amazing show.

What are some of the best shows you guys have ever been to?

KingOfJericho

Go Kart Champion
The Prodigy is far and away the best live act I have ever seen. Twice. I've been to about 140 shows so I will try to come up with a top 5 or 10 and edit for update.

Copied from "how many concerts have you been to?"
I'm 27 and here's my list of all I can recall at this point:

*=best live shows

# Artist
3 311*
5 30 Seconds To Mars
1 A Tribe Called Quest
1 Action Action
1 Aerosmith
2 AFI
2 Aiden
1 Alexisonfire
1 Alien Ant Farm
2 Alkaline Trio
2 All-American Rejects
2 Anberlin
2 Armor For Sleep
1 Atari Teenage Riot
3 Atreyu
1 Avenge Sevenfold
1 Bayside
1 Beastie Boys
1 Biz Markee
1 Bon Jovi
1 Brand New
3 Circa Survive
1 Cobra Starship
1 Dashboard Confessional
1 Dave Matthews Band
1 Dropkick Murphy's
1 From Autumn To Ashes
1 From First To Last
2 Funeral For A Friend
1 G Love & Special Sauce
1 Genesis
1 Hatebreed
2 Hawthorne Heights
2 He Is Legend
2 Head Automatica
1 HIM
1 International Noise Conspiracy
1 It Dies Today
1 Jackal
1 Jethro Tull
1 Jimmy Eat World
1 June
1 Killswitch Engage
1 Korn
1 Lunachicks
5 Men, Women, & Children*
1 Method Man
1 Morning Wood
1 Motion City Soundtrack
1 Mute Math
3 My Chemical Romance
1 No Doubt
1 OAR
1 Paramore
1 Placebo
1 Radio 4
1 Rage Against The Machine
1 Rise Against
1 Rod Stewart
1 Run DMC
3 Saosin
1 Saves The Day
1 Scary Kids Scaring Kids
2 Senses Fail
1 She Wants Revenge
1 Shooty's Groove
3 Silverstein
1 Slightly Stoopid
1 Spitalfield
2 Story Of The Year
2 Street Drum Corps
1 Stretch Armstrong
5 Taking Back Sunday*
1 Talib Kweli
1 The Almost
2 The Bled
2 The Bravery
1 The Bronx
2 The Format
1 The Honorary Title
1 The Offspring
1 The Pink Spiders
2 The Prodigy*
1 The Receiving End Of Sirens
1 The Rolling Stones
2 The Starting Line
2 The Used*
1 The Vandals
2 Thrice
1 Thursday
1 Tokyo Rose
2 Underoath
1 Vanilla Ice
1 Warped Tour
1 Wu-Tang Clan
1 Young Love

The hands-down best show was Prodigy. Nothing even comes close.

Monkeykungfu

Go Kart Champion
I've been seeing a lot of classic rock shows w/ the gf & her dad in the past few years...

We saw AC/DC a couple of months ago & I was suprised as to how much these old farts still kick ass. Was an awesome show. They had some pretty cool stage effects too. Cannons w/ We Salute you, etc.

Tom Petty had one of the best performances I've ever seen too.

As far as newer bands... Type O Negative is always a cool show, seen them four times....

Back in '97 & '98 were my ravin' days... saw Rabbit in the Moon three times. They are the shiznitz. Bunch of crazy ass costumes & stage effects along with some great music. Especially when you're rolling bawlz at the State Palace Theatre in New Orleans. :) RIP State Palace!

The Prodigy is far and away the best live act I have ever seen. Twice. I've been to about 140 shows so I will try to come up with a top 5 or 10 and edit for update.

I've always wanted to see them live. I've seen some of their concert vids before & they look off the chain. I still rock Jilted Generation & Experience.

Last edited:

DROID_behavior

.:. m a s D U B .:.
the plot to blow up the eiffel tower, some mika miko shows and all of dim mak is usually pretty good (mstrkrft, steve aoki, dj am etc.).

godsten

Ready to race!
I went to Rage Against the Machines reunion at coachella in 07 that was pretty awesome. Just an incredible amount of energy. Plus I always wanted to see them and just missed out on them.