GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bill Nye and Ken Ham Debate is live on youtube right now

mfdave

Passed Driver's Ed
Gunkata, you are exactly correct. This is likely the sentiment of the faithful. For people like us, however, who are rightfully concerned with self-preservation/life and not overly concerned with the afterlife... I lost my train of thought this is too sad... :(

KYGTIGuy

Go Kart Champion
But science can't always give us absolute answers, because science is adjusting theories as evidence is gathered. This changeability is what some people seem to struggle with.

For example, we can't be 100% certain how the universe was created without a time machine. Whereas a religion can just say "God created it". And some people feel comfortable with that because it is absolute and unchanging.

Those people need pacifiars to suck on at night becuase they are afraid of death.

Afraid to the point they convince themselves there is a invisible man living in the clouds watching them to see if they masturbate.

TheMKVI

Go Kart Champion
But science can't always give us absolute answers, because science is adjusting theories as evidence is gathered. This changeability is what some people seem to struggle with.

For example, we can't be 100% certain how the universe was created without a time machine. Whereas a religion can just say "God created it". And some people feel comfortable with that because it is absolute and unchanging.

You can't be 100% certain of anything, you can only see observe and see what the evidence supports.

krische

vdubber in training
The problem the Creation Musuem guy has is the same as all bible literalist have, if they concede that one minute detail of the book is worng, then the whole book comes into question.

Either the earth was created as it is in 7 days or it wasnt. If it wasnt, why believe anything else in the book.

Hence they make exhibits where a triceratops has a saddle because Dinosaurs had to have been coexisting with man...

And this is why it's practically fruitless to debate creationists. Cognitive dissonance will prevent them from accepting it as true. That and people don't want to feel like they've been duped or made a fool of.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I'm not going to defend religion in general, but the point of Christianity is not to pick and choose what you like. At some point you may not understand why something is that way or accept something you didn't initially believe.

The point is irrelevant to how it is actually being used in society and in politics, sorry. I literally had a woman tell me on Facetube that the ONLY reason she doesn't like gay marriage is because of the bible. The only reason. Yet, there are far more passages in the bible that could be utlized IN actually ACCEPTING gay marriage, than against it.

I mean, I get what you are saying - the point, the positivity that it can have, etc, but it's simply not there for many, and it definitely completely controls one of the two major political parties in this country.

The problem the Creation Musuem guy has is the same as all bible literalist have, if they concede that one minute detail of the book is worng, then the whole book comes into question.

Either the earth was created as it is in 7 days or it wasnt. If it wasnt, why believe anything else in the book.

Hence they make exhibits where a triceratops has a saddle because Dinosaurs had to have been coexisting with man...

I sense your inner Sam Harris coming out ;)

No one ever said science gives us absolute answers, even though in many situations, it has. Science can be wrong, sure - but does it ever claim to be solely right, always right, and never wrong or possible to be proven wrong? no. Does it attempt to dictate the lives of others in politics, society, or wage holy wars on others?? No.

Science evolves, changes, and adapts - religion never has.

NBACousinVinnie

Ready to race!
Poor non-believers... no virgins for you!

Cpuga93

Ready to race!
So just gonna play devil's advocate here..

Has anyone read Flatland? 2 dimensional being who is observed by a 3 dimensional being but cannot see him because he cannot perceive this third dimension. What if that is happening to us? We know there are more dimensions than just the three of space and one of time so who is to say that another being cough cough God who might exist in another dimension that we cannot perceive doesn't exist. Gasp :O

a message from the galaxy

DBESTGTI1

Go Kart Champion
I literally had a woman tell me on Facetube that the ONLY reason she doesn't like gay marriage is because of the bible. The only reason. Yet, there are far more passages in the bible that could be utlized IN actually ACCEPTING gay marriage, than against it.

My favorite is how they need to follow it so literally that homos are wrong and should be killed ect... But it's perfectly ok for them to be a big fat fucking slob. The literal interpretation is only literal when it's not in regards to them.

Last edited:

mattyICED

Ready to race!

TheMKVI

Go Kart Champion

Has anyone read Flatland? 2 dimensional being who is observed by a 3 dimensional being but cannot see him because he cannot perceive this third dimension. What if that is happening to us? We know there are more dimensions than just the three of space and one of time so who is to say that another being cough cough God who might exist in another dimension that we cannot perceive doesn't exist. Gasp :O

Possibility doesn't mean we should believe in something or even say it's probable.

There are an infinite number of possibilities regarding the creation of the universe or if it even really exists and is just an illusion. A belief should require some form of evidence and reason or else it's no better than thinking the Denver Airport is a base for the Illuminati, FEMA has death camps, unicorns are real, or that there's an invisible teapot orbiting mars.

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion

MBorVW

Go Kart Champion
Possibility doesn't mean we should believe in something or even say it's probable.

There are an infinite number of possibilities regarding the creation of the universe or if it even really exists and is just an illusion. A belief should require some form of evidence and reason or else it's no better than thinking the Denver Airport is a base for the Illuminati, FEMA has death camps, unicorns are real, or that there's an invisible teapot orbiting mars.

This!

MBorVW

Go Kart Champion
Those people need pacifiars to suck on at night becuase they are afraid of death.

Afraid to the point they convince themselves there is a invisible man living in the clouds watching them to see if they masturbate.

Ha! Awesome :)