GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bill Nye and Ken Ham Debate is live on youtube right now

lamb110

Go Kart Champion
See that's the problem with you guys, you think you're just as correct in your opinion as I am. I know I'm right because I have several thousand years of historical evidence behind me. You have 200 years.

Cpuga93

Ready to race!
Possibility doesn't mean we should believe in something or even say it's probable.

There are an infinite number of possibilities regarding the creation of the universe or if it even really exists and is just an illusion. A belief should require some form of evidence and reason or else it's no better than thinking the Denver Airport is a base for the Illuminati, FEMA has death camps, unicorns are real, or that there's an invisible teapot orbiting mars.

String theory?

a message from the galaxy

Cpuga93

Ready to race!
Also backtracking on the 6000 year old thing well just wanted to make it clear that it cant be 6000 years straight up across the universe but it can be 6000 years somewhere near the center of our galaxy or possibly the universe. As we all know, at least I hope we do..time is relative and the closer you are to said object the slower time is. Therefore 6000 years closer to the center could translate to 4.54 billion years here on earth.

TheMKVI

Go Kart Champion
String theory?

Is and does change as new evidence is discovered... Not true about religion and conspiracy. Religion was an attempt to explain the natural world that has since been discredited by discoveries like "the world is round" and "stars are actually other suns" and the only way it has been reconciled and stuck around is because people try to rationalize it by saying things like "well, when god said he created the world in 7 days he was taking into account relativity, even though he knew humans would read it and be confused until the mid 20th century when they would argue about it." There's absolutely no difference between that reasoning and conspiracy theory reasoning..

Another note, String Theory is one of many competing theories and we are far less certain about it than say evolution or gravity.

Last edited:

KYGTIGuy

Go Kart Champion
See that's the problem with you guys, you think you're just as correct in your opinion as I am. I know I'm right because I have several thousand years of historical evidence behind me. You have 200 years.

Indistinguishable between troll, christian or batshit crazy

krische

vdubber in training

Does this thousands of years of historical evidence happen to exist all in one book?

TheMKVI

Go Kart Champion

Then the earth is indeed flat, the sun is a god, and the stars are our ancestors. Oh, and Zeus is running around somewhere on earth cheating on his wife and getting our women pregnant...

Cpuga93

Ready to race!
Just so you know I am personally not a religious person at all but I am not close minded either. Science isnt out there to prove religion wrong its out there to explain things with more depth. People cant run around saying you are wrong I am right blah blah. You have to take the time to investigate the other side too. Read the freaking bible, study physics particularly particle physics which can provide more insight on this subject, read about evolutionary biology become well versed in these subjects and more and then create your own idea or belief. Otherwise without any of this knowledge you are as bad as the creationist who says we rode a dinosaur.

TheMKVI

Go Kart Champion
Just so you know I am personally not a religious person at all but I am not close minded either. Science isnt out there to prove religion wrong its out there to explain things with more depth. People cant run around saying you are wrong I am right blah blah. You have to take the time to investigate the other side too. Read the freaking bible, study physics particularly particle physics which can provide more insight on this subject, read about evolutionary biology become well versed in these subjects and more and then create your own idea or belief. Otherwise without any of this knowledge you are as bad as the creationist who says we rode a dinosaur.

No, because one is an argument from authority and the other is an argument from empirical evidence.

And thanks, I read the bible. A bit too incesty and murdery for my taste.

Cpuga93

Ready to race!
Also you cant say religion was created to explain things because that is impossible and if you can prove me wrong then so be it but here is why. Humans are creatures that create by observing other things. We cant just randomly invent a god or animal or anything without first looking around us and taking from that. Meaning that there can be some truth to some of these stories. Idk if im explaining myself correctly because im typing from my phone so just writing a paragraph takes me forever lol

Cpuga93

Ready to race!
You read the bible once? How about reading it again and again and again. Im pretty sure you have watched a movie and didnt pick up on somethings or easter eggs until you saw it again or maybe a third time or until someone pointed it out.

nouse4aname

Go Kart Champion
Your religion is dependent upon where, when, and to whom you were born/raised. Its not something you would arrive at naturally. Why would a god not span all cultures/regions?

TheMKVI

Go Kart Champion
Also you cant say religion was created to explain things because that is impossible and if you can prove me wrong then so be it but here is why. Humans are creatures that create by observing other things. We cant just randomly invent a god or animal or anything without first looking around us and taking from that. Meaning that there can be some truth to some of these stories. Idk if im explaining myself correctly because im typing from my phone so just writing a paragraph takes me forever lol

You just proved my point.

Human asks why the sun comes up.
He looks around him he sees fire.
He looks around he sees wings on things that fly.
He looks around and sees chariots that move
He sees men driving horses.
He concludes the sun is a flying chariot propelled by flying horses.

Helios the sun god is created

TheMKVI

Go Kart Champion
You read the bible once? How about reading it again and again and again. Im pretty sure you have watched a movie and didnt pick up on somethings or easter eggs until you saw it again or maybe a third time or until someone pointed it out.

:rolleyes:

Oh you mean beat the indoctrination into me with repetition?

Meet my former pastor. My grandparents have been at his church for nearly 40 years now. They still have lunch with him the second Wednesday of every month. He married my mother and my aunt to their husbands. He was actually at my birth. If you're religious enough you probably know who he is.