GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bilstein PSS... no not PSS9 or PSS10

Simmsled

Parking Garage > Tree
Just found this. Maybe you've seen it, maybe you haven't.

Bilstein's fixed damping (non damping adjustable) coilovers..

Even found them for sale at one place:
eshocks Bilstein PSS coilovers for MK6 Golf

Nice.

bigpun

Ready to race!
curious as how the ride would be. i am thinking it would similar to the H&R Street coilovers.

what do you think?

Simmsled

Parking Garage > Tree
curious as how the ride would be. i am thinking it would similar to the H&R Street coilovers.

what do you think?

Yeah. That sounds about right. Both are monotube.
For some reason I believe the Bilsteins might be a bit better. I dunno. H&R, to me, seems hit/miss. I love their sways, but am not a fan of their 'race' springs. Sometimes H&R gets the application right, sometimes its a bit off. To each their own.

bigpun

Ready to race!
Yeah. That sounds about right. Both are monotube.
For some reason I believe the Bilsteins might be a bit better. I dunno. H&R, to me, seems hit/miss. I love their sways, but am not a fan of their 'race' springs. Sometimes H&R gets the application right, sometimes its a bit off. To each their own.

from what i have read on various forums ppl have mentioned that h&r street CO are bit harsh. So would be interesting how PSS may ride like. but for the $ these PSS are not that bad. I would want to do more research before making my choice.

Simmsled

Parking Garage > Tree
from what i have read on various forums ppl have mentioned that h&r street CO are bit harsh. So would be interesting how PSS may ride like. but for the $ these PSS are not that bad. I would want to do more research before making my choice.

Oh for sure. I don't know anyone with the PSS yet. Someone will get them eventually. Bilstein makes great stuff. Having one more viable option is always nice. :w00t:

chinqutie

Go Kart Champion
Isn't that too much for both front and rear? Coz the link says 1200 is the price for each....:iono:

the bruce

Go Kart Champion
Both are monotube.

Keep in mind the B14 and the H&R are upside-down on front only.
Öhlins, B16 and Sachs are upside-down both on front and rear.

The B14 comes with the same springs, springs adjusters and strut body
as the B16.
The damping curves should be in an area similar to what is adjustable on
a B16.
That's why height adjustment is the same as with B16 and it rides very
similar.

The B14 is very common in Europe, where they sell it for al long time.
I also know some people running it.

:thumbsup:

bigpun

Ready to race!
Keep in mind the B14 and the H&R are upside-down on front only.
Öhlins, B16 and Sachs are upside-down both on front and rear.

The B14 comes with the same springs, springs adjusters and strut body
as the B16.
The damping curves should be in an area similar to what is adjustable on
a B16.
That's why height adjustment is the same as with B16 and it rides very
similar.

The B14 is very common in Europe, where they sell it for al long time.
I also know some people running it.

:thumbsup:

so the ride won't be as harsh as the H&R street CO which i have read ppl mentioning it has a harsh ride?

the bruce

Go Kart Champion
I don't describe the H&R as harsh. The B14 (like B16) is noticable stiffer than stock,
but not harsh in any way if you adjust ride height correctly.

bigpun

Ready to race!
I don't describe the H&R as harsh. The B14 (like B16) is noticable stiffer than stock,
but not harsh in any way if you adjust ride height correctly.

I C, if i go with a CO setup i have basically narrow it down to KW v1, Bilstein PSS and H& R Street CO. as i won't be doing any tracking or auto X, i think these CO would be best suited for me. I have just have to make a decision and pick one of the three. as of now i am leaning toward KW v1 unless i see something that will change my mind and go with either H&R or Bilstein.

the bruce

Go Kart Champion
I've had the chance to drive all of them. The H&R is most compliant, but may cause issues
with the drive shafts. The B14 PSS is the most enjoyable if you don't want to go too low.

Last edited:

Simmsled

Parking Garage > Tree
I've had the chance to drive all of them. The H&R is most compliant, but may cause issues
with the drive shafts. The B14 PSS is the most enjoyable if don't want to go too low.

Most enjoyable from a performance perspective?

How are they day to day? Bouncy? Firm? (damn, you'd think we were talking about something else lol)

the bruce

Go Kart Champion
:23:

The B14 PSS covers both ride comfort and performance.

A prerequisite is, however, that the height is adjusted correctly. Like it's bigger brother
B16 it cannot go extremely low.
Ride is stiffer than stock of course as the springs rates are in the 215 - 285 region, but
still suits daily driving very well.