GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Boot lock

StuartG

I can’t unlock the boot using the icon on the key fob
Tried using other key still doesn’t work
Is there a setting in the software which disables this that anyone is aware of

CH47AV8R

If individual door opening or the opening of one side of doors is activated in the Infotainment system settings for opening and closing, you must press the
button on the remote control vehicle key twice to unlock the trunk lid.

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
Same as mine... I tried pressing, long pressing , double pressing and the indicator lights light up but no unlocking.. it is a coding in the central electric control unit that needs to be enabled which I did and it works but sometimes I get an error in the fault report.
Also have setting for all doors opening....

Genegenie

Drag Race Newbie
My Mk8 2021 1.5 150PSI Style, I gave up on the individual boor lock setting ages ago, & faff + too hit & miss so I just optioned all doors set to lock / unlock at the same time....

StuartG

Hi
Thanks for reply’s mine is the same as Massimo lights come on no click from boot lock.
Just a pain opening the whole car when only want to be in the boot
Tried all settings on central locking nothing allows boot to open from key fob

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
@StuartG - is it really a pain unlocking the doors to access the boot? It’s just a different button on the key fob that you need to press.

I never use the ‘boot unlock‘ button when I want to just access the boot. Why you might ask? There’ve been owners on other forums who‘ve used the ‘boot unlock’ button, inadvertently laying their key fob down in the boot, shutting the tailgate and finding the tailgate’s locked and the keys are trapped in the locked car! 😲

I don’t know if the boot should lock in those circumstances (I’m quite surprised it does), but using the ‘unlock doors (+ boot)’ button on the fob means that if you do lay your keys down in the boot and forget to pick them back up (or if they’re in the pocket of a coat you’ve just put in the boot), then with the doors and tailgate unlocked you can still get in the car and also access the boot.

Wallop

Go Kart Newbie
I haven't touched the boot lock button on the remote since giving it a try when i first got the car and deciding that it did nothing.
Today before putting some stuff in the boot i gave it a try and the boot unlocked,Only the boot the mirrors stayed folded in and the doors kept locked.
I shut the boot and it locked itself.
5 mins later i tried it again and it did nothing.