GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bought a brother for my MK6 GTI

tdream1

Autocross Newbie
Picking up a 2003 996 Carrera 4 Cabriolet on Saturday. Been a 30 year old dream to own a 911. Very excited!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tdream1

Autocross Newbie

Rosol

Passed Driver's Ed
That's great. I was looking for a 997 cab when I bought my mk6. Going to wait a year or two for the prices to drop a little more. Make sure to do research on the IMS bearing. I think that's what it's called. Those engines need it replaced. My neighbor seized his engine by not taking care of that.

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
Congrats TDREAM1!
Here is some info. about IMS Link :thumbsup:

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
congrats on the car!

My uncle currently has a 1999 996 911 C2.

Whats the price and mileage, just curious?

tdream1

Autocross Newbie
Congrats TDREAM1!
Here is some info. about IMS Link :thumbsup:

Thanks! I did lots of homework before my search began. This week they installed a new clutch, ceramic IMS bearing, RMS, AOS, new tires, rotors, pads and fixing rear window regulators. Cannot pick it up tomorrow because they had to order a part from Germany for the rear window. It should be ready to go sometime mid to end of next week. Oh well. At least they're doing it right before delivering the car to me.

Last edited:

tdream1

Autocross Newbie
congrats on the car!

My uncle currently has a 1999 996 911 C2.

Whats the price and mileage, just curious?

The price was around $23k and has 108k miles. I spoke to the shop that serviced it for the past 8 years and the previous owner was meticulous about the car.

tdream1

Autocross Newbie
That's great. I was looking for a 997 cab when I bought my mk6. Going to wait a year or two for the prices to drop a little more. Make sure to do research on the IMS bearing. I think that's what it's called. Those engines need it replaced. My neighbor seized his engine by not taking care of that.

Yeah, I would prefer a 997, but this 996 had such a good service history and the price was right. I had to pounce on it.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
The price was around $23k and has 108k miles. I spoke to the shop that serviced it for the past 8 years and the previous owner was meticulous about the car.

those things really hold value, I'm kinda looking for a 996 911 c2 as well, but man they're pricy and hard to find.

tdream1

Autocross Newbie
those things really hold value, I'm kinda looking for a 996 911 c2 as well, but man they're pricy and hard to find.

Yeah, this was a lucky find. There are others with way lower mileage, but no good solid service history. The previous owner traded up to a new 991.

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion

I don't know if that's true of that particular generation of 911. Relative to the ones before it, and after it, the first water coolers are pretty cheap.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
I don't know if that's true of that particular generation of 911. Relative to the ones before it, and after it, the first water coolers are pretty cheap.

I searched on craigslist, a 100k mileage example cost about $20k, i mean i don't know how much they costed brand new, but there are cars that depreciate way worse, you can get a 50k mileage maserati for $18-22k.