GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Buddy wants a GLI

BurntGauge

AWD > FWD
Ok, so my buddy fell in love w/my GTI but wants a bit more space than mine. We drove both the GLI in stick and DSG. He likes the stick. Didnt like the VW DVD/Navi. But wants Sirius Sat. Radio.

Bottom line: Package 0, 6MT, w/Sirius added on; Color Silver

He's also angry at the amount of money he's going to have to spend which is around 25-26k. What is the GLI's competition? What's comparable?

He's coming from an Audi A4 1.8T Quattro so he wants something sporty, but that also has sat radio from the factory and possibly navigation, although he didnt like the VW's version, he might get one aftermarket.

My suggestion was: wait for the 5dr GTI and wait for the '07s to come in so maybe they can bend more on the price.

Your suggestions?

Plyngntrffc

FIA GT Newbie
how is that expensive for what u are getting, and he had an a4...is that cheap...nooo, i mean come on 26 grand is what some of us paid for our GTI's...tellem to suck it up and deal...prices wont drop that much when the 07's come out since its such a quality vehicle, and competition, for the $ u spend and the quality u get...none...i mean unless he wants a fusion, or idk...come on...

Vivid

Formula 5000 Driver
for a better car at the same price he'd really need to look at slightly used more expensive cars.

rica_roel

Rally Car Newbie
tell him go for the GLI, yes, yes, yes same car more space, sorry I know, I know, golmkv forum.

Cheers

Ricardo