GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Building Otto

Ezekiel81923

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Volkswagen GTI
Cracked windshield getting replaced 3/7.

New serpentine belt going on today.

No idea what happened, the crack originates below the plastic cowl so it's not from a strike. But it has spread up and all the way across the windshield from the drivers side so it'll need to be replaced to get inspected. Which, by the way, seems now that everything is sorted that the O2 spacer is doing it's job and this thing might finally pass inspection. Gonna miss these 2022 stickers!

j255c

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R Manual
Cracked windshield getting replaced 3/7.

New serpentine belt going on today.

No idea what happened, the crack originates below the plastic cowl so it's not from a strike. But it has spread up and all the way across the windshield from the drivers side so it'll need to be replaced to get inspected. Which, by the way, seems now that everything is sorted that the O2 spacer is doing it's job and this thing might finally pass inspection. Gonna miss these 2022 stickers!
I just put some hockey tape cut with a razor over my cel. Can’t even notice it. O2 spacer does the trick for readiness it seems

Last edited:

Ezekiel81923

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Volkswagen GTI
I just put some hockey take cut with a razor over my cel. Can’t even notice it. O2 spacer does the trick for readiness it seems

Yea readiness was the issue / needing the CEL to be off. I can't recall where I read this but I think the the RS3 LPFP would throw a code when you scan so that monitor is turned off or not ready. So the O2 needs to be on point.

Might've made that up though. I just scanned for readiness the other day and can't remember.

Ezekiel81923

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Volkswagen GTI
Been a busy few weeks for the car! Replaced the accessory belt because it was starting to crack and was making some heinous noises. Again, might have to chalk that up to the fluidampr, might not. Old belt could've been loose from being stretched over time, I don't know. The new belt sounds much better of course and it doesn't look like the fluidampr is bouncing around anymore.

Also had my brother over so we threw the Aerofabb side splitters on that I've had sitting in a box for a year. Did the one side by pre-drilling all of the holes and then screwing everything down. That seemed to be the hard way of doing it. I did the other side by pre-drilling and then adding the screw one hole at a time and that was way easier. Overall it is a more finished look now that there is something there to kind of tie in with the front splitter but it's not drastic change. I like it, I'm happy we got them on and I'll leave them on, but I can also see why many would skip them.

Didn't get great photos, and the car is filthy, but the finished product.

20240309_122227.jpg 20240309_122215.jpg

Ezekiel81923

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Volkswagen GTI
Also - car is in for inspection right now! Hoping to finally get her through. Haven't tried in 3 years because I knew it wouldn't pass but I think we've gotten everything sorted to the point that it will. At the very least they are going to swap the tire off of my cracked and dented wheel onto the new one and I'll have a clean and damage-free summer set to put on in a few weeks.

Ezekiel81923

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Volkswagen GTI
https://datazap.me/u/ezekiel81923/random-pull?log=0&data=8-14

Managed a log today. Pretty knock happy, although it's not thaaat high. Had a fresh tank of 93, not sure if it was shitty winter blend or if I really do need to change my spark plugs. I don't get any knock at partial throttle / unless I'm giving it the beans. I'll be getting re-tuned once we add MPI so maybe it's not worth worrying about but I'd rather it not knock across the board like that.

Ezekiel81923

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Volkswagen GTI
Yeaaa, I wonder. The tune I'm on is technically the 5th revision but not the final one. I had a conversation with my tuner the day I was getting tuned and it was too hot to to see much in my logs other than the ECU switching to protection tables and I had to get the wastegate problems sorted out anyway. He told me this revision was perfectly safe to run but once I got the car sorted he could smooth it out with one more revision. It took a very long time to get the car sorted so I kinda assumed that window to go back and get the tune "finished" had passed.

Not sure if that last revision would've made that look any better but at this point it won't be too long before we switch to MPI and flex fuel so I'm just gonna ride this out.

FWIW, I wasn't doing any pulls on my way to work this morning but we got after it a few times and I only saw one occurrence of KR and it was -1.88 on cylinder 3, so way better than that log. Hopefully just the fuel.

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
What IC are you running? If its a good one it looks like it has a fair bit of backpressure.