GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Buying a used 2008 GTI...

aTm papi

I'm getting the car from a VW dealership. The car was very well maintained and is in nice condition. The car has 92000 miles. I was able to get the dealership to include the timing belt service and can follower replacement as part of the price. I'm looking at $10700.

Am I making a pretty good deal? I appreciate any feedback you can give me. :thumbsup:

gmmills

South African
Car(s)
CW GTI
Hmm thats quite a few miles. Not a bad deal. Make sure you get the updated intake cam and new follower and pump if the follower has failed - its got a 120k warranty. what other options does it come with? post a few pics and people will tell you.

aTm papi

I called one of the dealerships here and they replaced the HPFP and whatever else goes with it. I was told that I have 120000 on the intake manifold and pcv.

Enviado desde mi Nexus 4 mediante Tapatalk

gmmills

South African
Car(s)
CW GTI
get that in writing! does the gti come with a sunroom? premium sound? etc do you have a link to the car thats for sale?

gmmills

South African
Car(s)
CW GTI
I would keep shopping around - depends on how badly u need a car. Find one with less miles. That being said, your deal isn't bad at all. Do u plan on tuning your car? Most people end up modding it just because you can't resist. What are your plans for the car?

aTm papi

I would keep shopping around - depends on how badly u need a car. Find one with less miles. That being said, your deal isn't bad at all. Do u plan on tuning your car? Most people end up modding it just because you can't resist. What are your plans for the car?

I'm not in a BIG need for a car. This car was going to be my daily driver. This would have given us the opportunity to garage our family SUV that my wife has been driving to work.

I wish I had a picture of it, but the car looks amazing. The previous owner put some Motegi Racing wheels on it and got the tint done. As to performance, I just wanted to get an intake, and exhaust, and a mild tune and call it quits.

gmmills

South African
Car(s)
CW GTI
Sounds like that's the one to go for then man, best of luck. Make sure they do that timing belt - cost $1400 to do and cam follower can be a costly replacement too. Post pictures if you buy the car.

aTm papi

Some more updates. I called several VW dealerships in the area, and it looks like their computers are linked together. Both told me the car had previously worked on as of last week.

Ignition Switch Module replaced
PCV replaced
Fuel Pressure Assembly replaced
Intake Manifold updated

So it looks like the dealership really did get the car ready for the next buyer. Do you think I should try to squeeze out an extra key from them? The car only comes with one key.

Viru5

Ready to race!
Yeah i would try to get a extra key they cost a lot to get them cut. I think the dealer wanted 250 just to cut a key for my dads MK4

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
That is a pretty good deal, I would strongly suggest buying an extended warranty with it, even if its only 2yr/24,000 miles. That's what I did with mine and very glad I did. Got mine with 71,Xxx miles and the warranty, tax title license out the door for $13,200 (got a really good deal on mine though)

CW08DSG

I don't care.
Car(s)
08 GTI 2dr DSG
Food for thought...here's my 08 GTI/K04.

http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=179531

Meticulous maintenance and upkeep and you'll find it on eBay for a very fair Buy It Now price. Certainly would cover your cost to fly here from Texas, and then some.

Any questions, please let me know.