GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Buying my leased Mk8 MHEV 1.5 Style Golf

Wheaty

I’ve decided to buy my March 2021 VW Golf Mk8 MHEV 1.5 Style (UK) at the end of my three-year lease next month. Remaining 2 software problems relate to Travel Assist; the car rapidly decelerating when it wrongly drops from mph to km/h for some reason. This is a sporadic problem. Similarly, it can slow the car when overtaking on a motorway because it thinks that I am undertaking rather than overtaking when it detects a vehicle on the inside lane.

Rather predictably, the main dealer reckons they have never heard of these types of problems before. I attach a photo showing my hardware and software versions. The car is due in for service next week so can anyone tell me the up to date software versions for my car and whether these updates will solve the above problems. Updates 90S8 and 91CM were carried out back in 2022.
Thanks in anticipation.

Attachments

• IMG_6104.jpeg
    IMG_6104.jpeg
    6.8 MB · Views: 27

I-A

1969 is the latest software version, however I am not sure it has been officially rolled out.

1941 was the last official SW via OTA.

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
@Wheaty; with you buying your lease car, as the mk8 Golf hasn’t been without its faults (to put it mildly, based on some of the posts on this and other forums) and VW still haven’t fixed all the issues with the car, will you be considering getting a follow-on warranty (VW branded or otherwise), once the original factory warranty on your car expires?

If so, then with any follow-on warranty product, the devil’s in the detail. If I was considering buying an early / earlier mk8 Golf, I’d want to make sure that any warranty I bought would cover fixing software / hardware related issues in addition to the normal mechanical / electrical failures, so I’d be checking the small print very carefully.………🤔

Wheaty

1969 is the latest software version, however I am not sure it has been officially rolled out.

1941 was the last official SW via OTA.
Thanks @I-A - the car went into the garage today and the software was upgraded to 1941. The startup of the infotainment unit is considerably faster and I can now get the Satnav on the driver display. I’ve been assured that it will fix my Travel Assist problems but I need to test it out over the next couple of weeks.

Wheaty

Thanks @SRGTD - I will certainly be looking into this. I did get a copy of the warranty report that the garage sent to VW today so if the faults have not been fixed I can still claim under the existing warranty. However, I completely take your point about any future software problems!