GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bye Bye Pontiac

turboed

Low Blinker Fluid
Are you fucking serious?

In a time that people are struggling to find work you want to be positive that people lose theirs? Sure if GM disappeared another car company may step up and fill their gap but cars are not selling well so what incentive would a foreign company have right now?

GM is such a big part of automotive history that it would be a shame to see them go.

RIP Pontiac was my favorite brand of GM's lineup.

I don't feel at all sorry. GM had time to react to the changing car market and barely did and by then it was too late. I can't have any sympathy for another company looking for handouts.

The foreign car companies do not have to step up, that is why most of us here own one! :thumbsup:

njfast07

Go Kart Champion
nah nah nah nah,
nah nah nah nah,
hey hey hey,
GOODBYE

"raises lighter and sways:

I don't even own a lighter

anyway, it's really too bad. I think the G8 is one badass car, and the GTO was so much power and such a bargain...over 400 horses and you can get them used now in the 20's? it's really sad to see gm on the ground writhing in pain and being forced to choose which brand to kill off. it's like asking a mother to kick one of her kids off an island. ok maybe thats a bit extreme but it's still sad.

Monkeykungfu

Go Kart Champion
rwd pontiacs were nice, but the sunfire, g5, g3, and countless grand prix/am's around no.

I got a sunfire as rental once. Total POS, I hated that thing.

My co-worker's got a G8, it a pretty stout ride. Came with stock ported rotors too. :thumbsup:

krische

vdubber in training
I feel like even if GM proves viability, and continues to exist; no one will want to buy cars from them since their public image has become so distrusted. It's like a damned if you do, damned if you don't scenario for them.

staulkor

V-Dubber
I feel bad for the employees and thats it :/ The people running GM kept making very bad decisions for the company, kept producing shit cars, kept rebranding the same car for 4 different "brands", and acts like nothing is wrong. This should have happened sooner and I hope the govt wont accept the stock for equity offer they are trying. Their stock is worthless, what do we want with it. Might as well give us blank paper.

krische

vdubber in training
So does anyone think GM will try to bring the G8 or Solstice over to another brand that is not getting dumped?

HoldDaMayo

Leaner and Meaner
Two words: Pontiac AZTEC

DIAF Pontiac

julito04

I plead the fif.
LOL Yesterday I drove by a pontiac dealership and made the girl in the car with me wave "bye bye" to the cars hahaha.

utekineir

Banned
g8 and solstice is all they had that was worthwhile in current production.

pontiac drove very little excitement the last 20 years,

Si Killer

RIP BOVICE
and the gto and g8 aren't even real pontiacs. they're just rebadged holdens. i wish gm would just drop buick and have chevy for econo cars, cadillac for luxury, gmc for trucks and suvs, and bring holden to the US for performance.