GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

C30 R-Line with new sport chassis and exterior styling

I think the subtle design changes to the front and rear fascia are hawt. Supposedly it's a much stiffer chassis too

"In order to meet the high standards, the R-Design chassis has been modified in several areas. The steering is more precise owing to the installation of stiffer bushings. The steering ratio is lower, giving 10 percent faster response to steering wheel input. Spring stiffness has been increased by no less than 30 percent in order to increase the car's poise in enthusiastic driving. The dampers are stiffer and are now of the exclusive mono-tube type that builds up pressure much more quickly. The roll stabilizers are stiffer to reduce any leaning tendency when taking corners."

Attachments

• volvo-c3-r-design-large_0003.jpg
    volvo-c3-r-design-large_0003.jpg
    417.9 KB · Views: 944
  • volvo-c3-r-design-large_0002.jpg
    volvo-c3-r-design-large_0002.jpg
    414.4 KB · Views: 616

Boonedock82

Go Kart Champion
I have always liked the c30. I think its a really cool car. You don't see them around often though. Which isn't a bad thing. If they would put a powerplant in there that wasn't based off an old ass in-efficient design I would consider one. What is going under the hood of this "R".

huy

Retired Racer
pretty nice, but im sure its still a softer version of the mazdaspeed... focus RS would be killer, but i'd have to drive it to see what all the revo knuckle hype is about and if its a suitable alternative to AWD like they claim.

What is going under the hood of this "R".

same uninspiring t5. this whole r-line/s-line b.s. without the power to back it up seems silly to me. why not drop the same engine in it as the focus rs? that would make it a compelling alternative in the $35,000 and under range.

HyeWarrior

Banned
I like it. My neighbor has a 2006 (I think) in red, and I've always thought it was a neat looking hatchback.

I like this new one a lot more though, the front looks great

nhbubba

CEL free until 48,398 mi
same uninspiring t5.
Is this really that bad? Looks to be a decent entry to me. Don't get me wrong, I'd rather have a GTI, but.. this ain't bad in my book. There are plenty of worse cars on the market.

well Ford... they had an AWD one they were testing as well as the Revoknuckle FWD.
Ford claimed this was 'as good as' AWD or some foolishness? 'Cause I don't remember reading anything like that. Just because they couldn't find a business case for an AWD Focus or Focus-like product, doesn't mean this is just as good.

This business case BS has been my beef with Ford for the last few years; they keep axing the products I would be interested in. .. But they are pretty good at marketing what they've got, I have to give them that.

tinto

bitch please
I like the c30.
My wife has a v50 which shares the same front.

I don't like that they've 'done a Mazda' on the front end... Making it look mildly alarmed / grinning.

No doubt it will look great in the metal though, the bigger volvos have managed to pull off this facelift pretty well.

huy

Retired Racer
Ford claimed FWD is better. AWD has added weight, added cost, and in many cases understeer. If the Revo knuckle can control wheel spin and torque steer, then there is no reason for AWD. (unless you add more power)

The C30 T5 AWD isn't such a bad option... i just wonder what the aftermarket options are. If there is a tuner like APR who can extract a load of reliable power with just a reflash, then it'd be great. I found the Audi TTS and R20 to be only so-so til I saw what an APR reflash does to them...

POLARBEAR666

Ready to race!
I test drove a done up C30 and it was a bag of shitE!

It had the sloppiest sterring I have ever felt, the suspension was softer than a marshmallow and the thing was HEAVY . the engine was struggling to get it moving along.

I floored it and was waiting for turbo to kick in.. then I realised it already had.. sigh.

Is this really that bad? Looks to be a decent entry to me. Don't get me wrong, I'd rather have a GTI, but.. this ain't bad in my book. There are plenty of worse cars on the market.

It's not a terrible engine but it's just a bit outdated in the efficiency to power ratio among its competitors. I've driven the new c30 and it just doesn't feel that fast. It's got strong pickup once you're above 4k rpm's but in general it seems like it should "feel" faster.

There are some tuning options available for the engine but they are less prevalent and more expensive. I've said before, if I had the money to get a top of the line c30 and an extra 5k for tuning the piss out of it (with the stock turbo) it would have been a compelling choice to me. Some people are seeing 250 hp and almost 320 lb/ft at the wheels with just a tune.

tsigli

Ready to race!
i guess this competes with the a3......in comparison i'd take the 3 based on looks

why dosn't audi pump up the performance of the a3?